Sr. User Interface Designer (Remote)
Wildster is an online marketplace that connects parents and kids with educators all around the world. Our purpose is to inspire kids to explore, learn and participate in activities online and within their local communities.
Wildster was born in response to the massive shut down of schools and businesses across the globe in fears of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are revolutionizing the after-school program's industry by giving online and local instructors a modern platform that enables them to teach effectively. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate group looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Product team.
The successful candidate will work remotely from home, designing products and collaborating with the team that is primarily located in Bangalore, India where our Information Technology group is centralized.
This position is full-time and 100% remote.
You are excited to make an impact on fellow product designers, and enjoy building large scale products. We believe in “Extreme ownership” and you’ll have immense ownership both in terms of product design and user experience.
- 5+ years experience working directly with engineers and designers in product design roles. You demonstrate fluency with Figma, Sketch, Principle, Framer, or other design and prototyping tools.
- A passionate designer with strong foundations. You've built outstanding consumer products in the past and possess strong visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principles.
- You have an affinity for consistency, color-use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. You know when to push the boundaries of the interface guidelines. The details matter, and you are committed to getting it done right!
- You are consistently looking to develop new skills, adopt new tools, and continuously hone your craft to stay on the cutting edge of product design.
- Interaction and visual design. As a product designer, you'll be involved at every stage of design work. You'll help define early product concepts, flesh out the high-level workflow and micro-interactions of a feature, and execute on a crisp and effective visual design. You should have experience with some of the following mockup and prototyping tools: Sketch, Framer, Principle, Figma, Invision.
- User research. We frequently do informal user research, and value people who can be flexible with research processes and methodologies to achieve the right outcome. You'll pair qualitative methods (e.g. scripted usability tests and contextual inquiry) with quantitative information, like product and usage metrics.
- Prototyping. You will prototype—using software like Principle and Framer, or another favorite method—both to communicate your designs and validate your decisions.
- Partnering with engineers. We work closely with product and forward deployed engineers to realize our design ideas. You'll treat engineers as partners and collaborate with them to prototype and build out products.