Web Product designer
We’re making insurance radically better. How? By building insurance that’s fair and flexible.
Insurance is completely broken. It’s outdated, complicated, rigid – and we get it, insurance (as you know it) doesn’t sound very exciting. But we’re doing things differently. Using pretty cool technology, we’re making insurance way more fit for the 21st century, building products that actually solve problems.
We were the first company in the UK to sell hourly car insurance via an app. And we’re also the only insurance provider that provides in-app customer support with an average one minute response time. We’ve sold over 2 million policies and supported over 300,000 customers. We’re a strong, talented team of 80+ and growing.
Why work for Cuvva?
We’re shaping the future of insurance. So we don’t cut corners. We try to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us.
We’ll speak up when we have an idea - but we know when to let go and get behind something else.
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things. It’s the Cuvva way ✨
We’re building a diverse team with different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. So we give everyone a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva. Even if you secretly don’t love insurance. (Don’t worry - we didn’t either.)
And if you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying to Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know at email@example.com
As well as a competitive salary (dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Brand new MacBook 💻
- A day off to volunteer
- Professional development budget
- Health and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
- Office library full of great books 📚
- Season ticket loans 🚂
- Cycle to work scheme
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coaches, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team 💸
- Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge - we do team drinks every Thursday 🍻
- Regular team lunches
- Monthly team outings (so far we’ve done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy night) 🎤
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays 🌞)
- Savings on your Cuvva insurance
About the role
You will be making product improvements, as well as starting from scratch on new features across our website as we move closer to it handling product features. You will be working with the product team to design stand out user journeys that create a magical experience for our customers. This means you will need to be empathetic towards them, as well as understand the problems they face and how they use the product.
You will design from conceptualisation through to shipping the product to our customers. As well as prototype and test your designs both internally and with customers.
Our product designs are built in Figma and we prototype them internally and with our users using Protopie. Illustrations are created in illustrator and our animations are produced in After Effects to work with Lottie.
You are someone who is able to simplify complex problems down to simple, elegant solutions. You are excited at the prospect of working on creating a product used by 100,000’s of people. You have a critical eye for detail and spotting imperfections. You are able to communicate effectively with engineers and product managers to ensure that all teams are aligned. You are comfortable collaborating with other people on complex product challenges.
- A deep knowledge of Sketch / Figma
- 2+ years work on web products and prefer to design mobile first
- Experience in prototyping and/or motion design - We use Protopie & AE ✨
- A strong understanding of and empathy for users and desire to create well-designed solutions for their use
- Experience working directly with the engineers that build your designs and how to hand-off efficiently.
- A strong knowledge of best practise web design and an interest in design best-practises.
- A portfolio to show us your previous design decisions - A prototype to hand is helpful