UI/UX Web Designer
Blacksmith Agency is on the lookout for the next best design talent. We are an award winning web design and development agency and we pride ourselves on our creative, innovative, disruptive and polished work that shines above all competition.
You are someone who…
- Is up to date in current design trends and knows what’s coming next
- Has excellent attention to detail. It borders on obsession. You care about alignment down to the very pixel.
- Knows that it’s not only about moving pixels, your designs move people.
- Evangelizes user-centered design practices and their value to the rest of the team, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- Is a masterful communicator. You have the ability to communicate the purpose and thought process behind your designs to the team and to clients.
- As showcased in your portfolio, you have broad experience with digital design and your solutions are bursting with creative out of the box thinking, innovative interactions & beautiful presentation.
- Has experience shaping all stages of the design process, from creating innovative concepts with state of the art interactions, to finalizing layouts and rolling out pixel perfect designs across markets and formats
- In addition to visual prowess, you have strong social and professional skills and feel confident in tackling high-end projects in tandem with colleagues and clients.
- Is comfortable with having your work critiqued or criticized by your team or by clients for the sake of a polished end product
- You believe in thoughtful feedback. Designs rarely emerge fully formed. For high quality design, we rely on the process of iteration and constantly pushing each other to do their best work through meaningful and positive feedback.
- Is down to earth and eager. You are ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Checks their ego at the door. We hire for talent, not for divas.
What you’ll be doing:
- Website, UI/UX design for our SMB clients
- Working through design problems from beginning to end: taking research and insights into ideas that form disruptive websites and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them.
- Providing feedback to the design team, and receiving feedback on your own work.
- Work with leaders of other functions (e.g. Marketing, C-suite, IT) to ensure that teams are collaborating effectively.
- Ensuring Blacksmith is delivering high quality design work that delivers on our client’s business strategy and mission.
- 2+ years of website design experience
- Your Photoshop / Sketch / Figma skills are so slick, they look photoshopped; and you also know how to organize your files, layers and folders.
- You have experience creating or evolving powerful brand narratives.
- You are willing to put in the work.
- Motion design experience
- Prototyping experience
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
What we offer you:
- Competitive pay
- 100% remote - work from home
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A polished team aiming to attract and retain the best.
Here are just a few examples of our excellent work:
If what you just read resonates within you, we’d love to hear from you.