Product Designer - UX/UI
We’re on the hunt for an experienced product designer with real strengths in UX interactive design through to UI design.
Type of Role
This is a full time role, or contract approach - there is flexibility available for right skillset(s) to get the job done. Happy to receive / discuss approaches. Remote can work too - we are used to it ...aren't we all.
What will you do?
As a brief intro here ...Lead us in a brand new learning product (we’re calling ‘content creator‘). This is a blank canvas. The UX is challenging as we expect very clear, simple purposeful user interactions in creation resulting in engaging digital learning outputs.
The first problem we are trying to solve is: It is too hard for many users to rapidly create purposeful learning - we see the following; many clicks, empty states, context shifting so it becomes too hard & slow. As an analogy only and in a different context this is why Canva exists for non designers to ‘design’ - it offers a range & variety, including editable pre-designed templated , branded elements, drag, quick edits resulting in aesthetically pleasing usable outcomes. Even your gran can use it.
We want to make learning creation simple - from simple HTML to more complex structured outputs with other components.
There’s clearly more to the product and what we are doing but that’s the juicy and hardest part because it will require a lot of collaborative and iterative mental effort first up :)
This web app needs careful consideration as we look to continue to simplify digital learning content creation through tools and software we conceive and go build and reshape what we have too.
We are ‘frontier’ here so it really requires out of the box thinking.
Simplicity is super hard to achieve and that is our goal. We will challenge you and you us.
- UX research
- UX Interactive Design (prototyping)
- Product UI Design
- A portfolio of real projects with engaging user experience journeys.
- Ability to take complex and turn into simple user interactions.
- Ability to own challenges, iterate quickly, & build interactive prototypes,
- Outstanding communication - written, verbal, visual ...active listener.
- Curious in nature, considered questions.
- Relevant UX research, attention to UX & UI detail (consistency, clear & quick feedback.
Not limited to and includes:
Applications / Expressions of Interest. Here's what you need.
- You have at least 4-5 years experience in a Product Design role with a portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- You are energised and excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new features that address customer users’ real needs.
- Your creativeness shines through your designs - creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions.
- You are inspired to communicate visually your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You get big picture thinking. Yet, always thinking user and what's next.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a frontier challenge. You enjoy non tech pen & paper scribbling ideas to come up with simple solutions that can move forward people with confidence.
- You are an empathetic advocate of users and value the importance of solid research and data analysis when it comes to designing features and solutions.
Get in touch, and introduce yourself(s) - tell us why you're a great fit for this project.
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Herd.St Limited builds business (B2B) web applications. We are well established with existing product/customers and strong engineering. Our existing flagship SaaS workplace learning product Cognise will then align tightly with this new product. So, there is a lot ahead.
Our parent company allfields is a successful people facing business involved in large technology based projects focussing on change. Allfields are strong at implementing user adoption strategies through expertise in change management and training around tech rollouts in workplaces. Our champion consulting team work with a range of technologies and are very strong in Microsoft - Teams, Office 365, Sharepoint - consulting and training. Our learning experience team build digital learning for various corporates as well as our content library, and have build digital learning content viewed by hundreds of thousands on the NZ Covid Tracer App.
Our customers are normally NZ/Australia based and cover public sector, local government, large private e.g. banks, insurance.