Community Designer Advocate
At Stark, our mission is to build make the world's products more accessible for everyone. We help teams build compliant software products more efficiently. By integrating with the tools design, engineering and PM teams already use, Stark optimizes their workflows through intelligent automation. The result: significant reduction in cost, time to compliance, financial and legal risk, and a product that can be used by everyone.
What Stark needs
Hey there! We’re looking for our first Community Advocate to join the team. Our community of designers, developers, and product managers are committed to learning, sharing, and collaborating around all things accessibility. Your role is to connect, empower, and enable, by providing the necessary resources and meaningful conversations with and for the rapidly growing Stark community.
We believe the world is better when everyone has the ability to navigate it. The thread that holds us together is our collective eagerness to learn from and teach each other. We need someone that can teach us and our community, and are equally as eager to learn from others on the team as part of a quality-driven organization.
You'll have direct impact on the success of our integrations, app, and in turn community by setting our users up for success.
What you'll find yourself doing
❤️ Building Bridges: You’ll get the opportunity to foster and maintain relationships with people in the community everywhere they are—from Twitter and Instagram to our community Slack group.
⭐️ Identify and help community members become evangelists by listening to their ideas and putting them in positions to contribute—from beta programs and guest contributions of content, to becoming leaders that run local (virtual until safe! 😷) communities all over the world.
📖 Educating through online content like: webinars, demos, blog posts, guides, tutorials, and more.
📐 Designing and/or building accessibility driven resources like kits, guides, workflows, snippets, and more.
🖥 Host online events and livestreams to help the community better understand all things surrounding accessibility, how to use Stark, and encourage others to share their learnings and experiences.
🧠 Working with the team to brainstorm, define short-term tactics and long-term strategies, sketch, implement, and bring our industry changing ideas to the community.
🤝 Helping new and existing customers take advantage of all things Stark has to offer by joining demos and helping with onboarding to share best practices, product training, and answering technical questions around this work.
💬 Keep a pulse on community sentiment on product releases and the solutions they provide by giving demonstrations when necessary, and acting as a liaison.
🐛 You’ll funnel feedback, engage in convo when folks share what they want or need, and assist in triaging support issues.
❗️If you don't think you qualify based on 100% of what's below? Don't sweat it. Reach out anyway, please!
We don't look at degrees. We think it's fantastic you have one, but we don't use it to evaluate. Preferred candidates have a strong understanding of their craft, experience with accessibility, compliance, or design/dev tools, and are excited about this space.
Your technical skills
- You’re compassionate, enjoy connecting with people, and love educating.
- You get the design and developer community.
- Extensive experience with designer and developer tools like Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, Github, and more.
- Understand and have experience designing (and building) with accessibility in mind.
- You have a strong understanding of the craft of design and have a high benchmark for what world class experiences look and feel like.
- Experience with Stark and ideally are an evangelist already.
- You think in systems, and are able to extrapolate and capitalize on patterns and behaviors.
- You’ve ideally designed apps and websites that are responsive, beautiful, accessible, performant, and/or cross-platform.
- Understand the array of user goals and business requirements that shape a product.
- Experience collaborating with individuals across disciplines.
- Experience shipping features and projects—ideally at scale.
- Bonus: Experience working with a community specifically for design/developer products.
- Bonus: Coding skills are a huge plus.
- Bonus Points: Use of emoji and sarcasm. 🐻(It’s a beary fun place to work)
Your core skills
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and collaboratively in the method most comfortable or possible for you.
- Problem-solving skills (can’t leave something alone until it’s fixed)
- An active learner's mentality that is comfy asking for help.
- Ability to self-manage when it comes to time, organization, responsibilities, etc.
- You have an eagerness to grow and develop new skills.
- You know when to ask for help.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com. Be sure to:
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Tell us a bit about you!
- Send along any links you're comfortable with to best showcase the relevant things you've designed, contributed to, shipped, etc.
P.S. Did someone share this post with you? Tell us who so we can tell them how grateful we are for connecting us!
The Stark Team 🖤