Love wine? And design?
The mission for the role of Designer + is to create a diverse range of visual assets for the brand while helping the team get organized with our visual asset library. Let's scale baby!
Wine Folly is the internet’s leading wine education startup. Our goal is to be the very best digital wine information resource in the world. We’re looking for a passionate individual (US or CANADA based) to grow the visual brand and help maintain our asset library. We are a small team and wear many hats.
Have you lived through text errors sent to press? Do you know the struggle of visual design for multiple view ports (desktop / mobile / bandwidth)?
You'll be working with a small, design-smart team. We all work remote, so you'll need to show incredible self-motivated work ethic.
Here are the "need to haves" for the role:
- Keen interest in trends with acumen demonstrating current design knowledge.
- Adept knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator including the ability to produce design systems (templates) and automations to reduce doing things over. (Example of design + automations)
- Strong illustrator / vector illustration skills (icons, items, shapes, textures, infographics, etc)
- Good knowledge of Adobe InDesign (you can put a book together)
- Capable of basic video editing in Adobe Premiere (titles, stills) – able to edit and cut completed videos into multiple sizes and formats for Social Media
- Familiarity with Adobe libraries and strong organizational skills managing assets.
- Comfortable designing for web with consideration for file size, standard sizes, mobile / desktop variations.
- Able to go into mail client and create designed email templates that work for both light and dark mode.
- Strong photography / photo editing and color correcting for product images and scenes. (Examples: Poster, product photo, product photo glassware , product in scene )
- Design pace matches priorities / importance (e.g. go fast on not important stuff, go real slow on print work)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to iterate on and design in a style that communicates the brand look 'n' feel.
- Creating base templates for product scenes (a.k.a. photoshoppin')
- Creating variants for social media with combination of new and existing designs (1200x1200, 1920x1080, 1200x600, multi-carousel images, etc)
- Art directing and execution of Marketing campaign designs (on site, advertising, etc)
- Designing vector assets for various types of wine-related web icons.
- Photo and color correct product shots in various scenes of your own devising that are in line with the brand
- Organizing libraries and assets, creating design systems for scaling repeat design behaviors.
Make note! This job is Contract to Part Time + so we can scale up together!