Lead UX/UI Designer
This position will oversee user-experience (UX) and user-interface (UI) design and is responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, surveys, and focus groups, and translating those experiences into sitemaps, wireframes, and high-fidelity interactive prototypes. This position is responsible for managing the design and overall workflow of the product to create a great user experience. This position will leverage their tech expertise and human-centered design talent to create the interaction and engagement model for validating concepts, moving through the innovation discovery process with market focus groups, usability testing, and eventual commercial deployment. As the company continues to grow, this position will be charged with building, developing, and leading a high-performing team to support this position’s efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate the development of product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, and prototyping intuitive user experiences for digital products.
- Through user-centered evaluation and design, deliver wireframes, user stories, style guides, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Define the strategic product design and user-experience.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features.
- Develop interactive prototyping processes, including the engagement model, ethnographic, and primary/secondary research requirements.
- Communicate the prototype’s vision and relation to our brand promise to other stakeholders, leadership, and potential users.
- In conjunction with product leadership, create the interaction and engagement model for validating concepts and moving through the innovation discovery process with market focus groups.
- Identify design problems and devise innovative and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and methodology for user testing, including user research, user feedback, and A/B testing.
- Adhere to, improve upon, and co-maintain style standards such as Brand Book, Style Guide, and UI Kits.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Ability to implement a human-centered design, design principles, and color theory to produce the best aesthetics and simplified user experiences.
- Human behavior and interaction experience as well as the ability to design the overall workflow of the product and iterate upon it, from start to end, to create a great user experience.
- Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design and design systems.
- Extensive experience with user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly iterate and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- Basic understanding of WCAG 2.1 and Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering, or a related Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or Social Science equivalent education/experience in the computer science field.
- 5-10+ years of professional UX design experience, including mobile and visual design and design research.
- A strong portfolio of products. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A PORTFOLIO OR A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO TO BE CONSIDERED