Lead Graphics / UXUI Product Designer
At Black Box VR (BBVR), our mission is to help transform lives through addictive fitness experiences that harness the power of immersive technologies. How? We have created the world’s first full-body resistance training virtual reality gym experience - in other words, we have "gamified" fitness. As recent winners of an "Innovation Award" and “Best Start-up” award at the Consumer Electronics Show, we are preparing to open the first BBVR gym in 2019 and expect rapid future growth! To meet these goals, we need a rockstar UXUI / Product Designer who can create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media and has experience designing web and mobile interfaces.
Real Hero Member Testimonial showing full Black Box VR experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzHr3XpRBLc&t=3s
- Passion for creating award-winning designs and experience.
- Passion for the health and fitness space.
- Passion for creating products that change the lives of users interacting with them.
- Experience with Figma or Sketch for mobile app design
- Proven graphic design and software product design / UXUI experience
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Experience designing for VR is a plus
- Experience with motion graphics a plus
- Experience with 3D design programs (Cinema 4D, Blender or Maya) is a plus
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Most important aspect - have a strong design portfolio showcasing UXUI and graphic design expertise
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Contract