Ghost Note UX/UI Sub-Contract Position
Ghost Note is looking for an experienced UI/UI Designer to fill a full-time 10 week contract with our agency spanning Monday, July 20, 2020 - Friday, October 2, 2020. The position would entail both advancing in-progress project efforts as well as leading the UX/UI component of newly onboarded projects during the contract timeline.
The ideal candidate will have experience in creating mockups to present to teams, collecting feedback and creating a quality piece of work. This individual should be comfortable with building sitemaps, wireframes, high fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes based on outlined criteria. This candidate should have strong creative and design skills and be familiar with various design technologies.
We are looking for a creative UX/UI designer with the skills and passion needed to interpret our clients’ needs and design solutions with high functional and visual impact. Our ideal designer is one who keeps their finger on the pulse of the latest best practices, and strives to understand the many diverse perspectives of end-users. They should be able to naturally communicate how the marriage between audience needs, organizational goals, and technology can bring forth optimal user experiences. Experience in information architecture and content strategy are a must.
- Lead comprehensive audience research, usability testing and analytics reviews during the discovery phase of a new project cycle
- Lead the research, ideation and design of digital assets including, user personas, usability reports, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and responsive mockups.
- Ensure that established design standards are consistently and appropriately applied within design work
- Create web-specific style guides and lead our web development team through appropriate handoff sessions explaining to them intent for graphic devices and interactive elements found in organized mock-up source files
In addition to UX/UI responsibilities, our creative department is responsible for developing client communications and marketing materials to support multi-disciplinary project teams addressing challenges facing tech, public health, non-profits, local government, consumer brands, and inclusion-focused projects and initiatives. Design support will also be needed for internal brand events and initiatives. Our ideal candidate may also be asked to:
- Execute project designs, working closely with other graphic designers, internal project managers, and clients to review drafts, refine design elements, and deliver final products in print and digital formats
- Add strategic value, thought leadership, and insight on matters related to design, visual communications, and digital strategies and solutions
- Work independently in taking initial direction and completing projects–from consulting with project managers on development of creative briefs to final production
- Accurately assess and implement project scopes, including timeline and budgetary considerations
- Detailed portfolio containing outputs of the various steps of the UX/UI process.
- (Examples of desired deliverables here could include; wireframes, prototypes, sitemaps, navigation systems, user journeys / experience maps, personas, usability test plans and reports, heuristics assessments, content models, functional specifications, and resulting product designs)
- Strong proficiency in Adobe XD and Photoshop and base-line knowledge of HTML principles
- Experience planning for user interactions across a variety of screen sizes and devices
- Proven ability to interact with clients, manage expectations, and communicate persuasively
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills
- Experience with Content Management Systems, such as WordPress
- General understanding of web standards, search engine optimization methods, analytics, and accessibility guidelines
- Ability to analyze Google Analytics data for user patterns
- 3+ years experience in information architecture and UX/UI related jobs
- Meticulous, hard working, detail-oriented, creative, reliable, with a positive attitude
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project planning skills