Associate Brand Designer
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
We’re seeking a talented designer to create engaging and great looking visual and graphic design assets for our Clients, Taskers, and new audiences around the world. Our mission is to make everyday life easier for everyday people and you’ll be playing an important role through designs that will often be the first impression of the TaskRabbit brand and experience.
You’ll join the TaskRabbit Design Team where you’ll get to collaborate and learn from visual designers and product designers. You’ll also work closely with Marketing, Operations, and International team members to help drive traffic to TaskRabbit's digital products and build excitement and brand awareness through a variety of work including, but not limited to email, social media, display ads, blogs, OOH, landing pages, illustration, animation, and print.
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Deliver on-brand, high quality designs for visual design requests such as emails, social media designs, display ads, OOH (billboards, bus station ads, subway train ads, etc.), print, internal branding, illustrations, infographics, and photography
- Design and layout emails using best practices for maximum engagement
- Design visuals for the TaskRabbit social properties; including Facebook,
- Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Create landing pages that help drive user acquisition and brand awareness
- Assist or lead on photo shoots to build out the photo library
- Understand how your designs perform and then optimize them with an eye on success metrics and company goals
- Communicate and collaborate to establish timelines for projects, get regular feedback on designs, and move projects forward to completion
- Advise on the creative direction for brand campaigns
- Source stock images to match TaskRabbit's brand guidelines
- Color correct or alter photos as needed
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing or brand design role
- A portfolio showcasing great looking digital marketing campaign work with proven results
- Very comfortable using Adobe Creative Cloud and Figma
- Illustration and icon design skills
- Motion graphics or animation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of type and visual hierarchy
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Consistent ability to apply a brand's look, feel, and style guide
- Passion to solve visual design problems and the ability to show
- different solutions quickly
- Proactive communication and collaboration, able to work in a remote environment and manage time effectively
- A positive attitude, a growth mindset, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Unafraid to experiment and push for a high bar in quality
- Experience A/B testing designs for performance
- Able to build emails in SailThru
- Wordpress or other WYSIWYG experience
- Multi-sided marketplace experience
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.