MediaMonks is looking for an English speaking artful illustrator to join our BA art department in producing amazing work for an innovative project.
About the Role
- As part of our global art department, you’ll put your Wacom pen to work for a client project that has worldwide coverage.
- You’ll employ your love for the art of illustration to help produce illustrations and icons based on existing guidelines.
- You’ll work closely with our art directors, designers, and animators to produce original assets from start to finish.
- You’ll design 2D characters, objects, environments, and storyboards for a project in production.
- As part and pencil of MediaMonks, you work as part of an international production company, with 600 Monks from all disciplines working together to craft awesome work of all kinds.
Come Put Your Pen to Work
Working at MediaMonks means you’ll be part of a fast-growing and successful international production company. Stressful moments are part of the job, but so is our casual company culture. In return for your artistry, you’ll get to work with a tremendous troupe of fun-loving colleagues and have access to an array of awesome projects and company events.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your application with a portfolio, demonstrating why you’re the right Monk for this position. Start by showing us your best work, and only include extra projects if you’re convinced it will genuinely add to your application. And while we generally like a challenge, please make sure that opening and reviewing your portfolio isn’t one.
- We are looking for an illustrator with at least 2 years of professional experience, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Your portfolio shows both artistic and creative talent, proving that you can handle different illustration styles and have a great eye for typography, composition and design.
- You can deliver amazing illustrations, even under tight deadlines.
- You have good communication skills and be able to write and speak English fluently.
- Your attention to detail is as fine as your line work.
- You've mastered illustration fundamentals such as perspective and anatomy drawing.
- You have an excellent eye for shapes, sprites and colours, producing artful 2D assets that suit a wide variety of styles.
- With a strong sense for team efforts, you can effectively handle feedback and work within a team of artists and designers.
- With your knowledge of drawing techniques, you can make sure each and every asset is also technically ready to be implemented into our projects.
- You’re an Adobe Illustrator wizard.
- You know how to keep your files and layers super-organized, even if you’re a creative mess outside of Adobe CS.
- An understanding of animation principles would be an incredible powerup to your application.