This job has been filled or is no longer active. View all jobs.
At Eedi we're looking for a Product Designer to help us build engaging digital products that parents and their children will love and learn from.
£50-60K · Full-time · NW1, London or Remote (UK-based)
About the job
Tens of thousands of schools already use Eedi’s diagnostic questions & formative assessment quizzes to identify what each student doesn’t understand and why they’re going wrong.
Now, after raising £3.5m of investment in March 2020 from LEGO Ventures and others, we’re going to take our learnings from diagnostics questions, add a splash of machine learning, a good helping of humans and apply them to a B2C product to make tuition affordable to all.
What you'll be doing
- Working within the product team to define parent, child and business problems
- Conducting user and competitor research, gathering qualitative and quantitative data
- Synthesising data using empathy maps and customer journey mapping
- Create user flows, and be confident in wireframing solutions that can be rapidly tested internally and by users
- Identifying success metrics to track with each design iteration
- Run usability tests workshops and guerrilla testing
- Building high-fidelity mockups and prototypes using Figma
- Participate in ongoing design reviews and iterations during each sprint
- Be comfortable describing and handing over designs to developers
- Reviewing the performance of the release and identify learnings and build hypotheses
- Constantly contribute to our shared design system
- Always keeping in mind the end user, parents and their children, their interests and what motivates them. Ensure these needs align to business goals.
What you'll Need
- 3+ years of experience in designing world-class consumer applications
- Outstanding skills in Figma and other collaborative tools
- Strong design skills across iOS, Android and web applications
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions
- The ability to understand technical implications in your design decisions
- The ability to take ownership of the design process and work as self-directed member of the product development team
- Strong UX focus and understanding of human behaviour
- Confidence in working with product growth experiments
Nice to haves
- Competence in designing and building in Webflow
- Any front end skills to pair with the development team to implement designs
- Strong experience in designing and maintaining cross-platform design systems
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environment