Lead Mobile UI/UX Designer
Based in Los Angeles, Prismpop is an innovative and fast-growing startup looking to change the face of online product and content discovery in core consumer categories on mobile. We are funded by some of the most prestigious VCs in Silicon Valley (SF) and Silicon Beach (LA), including Sequoia Capital’s seed fund, Plug n’ Play, Upfront Ventures Community Fund, Mucker Capital to name a few. Our team comes from years of experience from storied places such as Disney/Maker Studios, Dreamwork’s Awesomeness TV, ByteDance (makers of TikTok), and more.
As a mobile app company, we are an arising beauty community which helps consumers discover beauty products which are personalized to their needs through authentic product reviews from the helpful community members.
As a Mobile UI/UX Designer, you’ll be a part of a small team rapidly designing and prototyping new features and ideas for current and next-generation Prismpop products. Working from our Los Angeles office, you’ll work closely with our Product Strategy, Design, and Engineering teams to deliver high quality and thoughtful experiences to our customers. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design and execution, including pitching your ideas, designing the feature (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping), and partnering with engineering to implement your vision. You will be expected to be able to communicate your ideas to team members and leadership within the company.
What You’ll Do
- Conceive new feature ideas and pitch them directly to the CEO
- Be a leader - Prismpop is a design-led company and as a mobile UI/UX Designer you will be expected to lead projects and teams
- Design and prototype simple and intuitive experiences for Prismpop app
- Contribute to all stages of the design process from user research to wireframes and shipping the product
- Identify the needs of Prismpop users and improve on existing features
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area
- Regularly give and receive feedback on design iterations
- Work with other designers, product managers, and engineers to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Communicate design goals and specifications to the engineers responsible for building them
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You’ll be expected to clearly communicate design strategy to executives, the rest of the team, and to engineers
- Ability to prototype interactive mobile experiences
- Capable of acting as a Product Manager when needed
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- A portfolio showcasing your mobile or interactive design skills and completed work
- 5+ years experience designing and shipping mobile applications
- Proven Experience in Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design or prototyping tools
- Strong visual design skills and passion for interaction design
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Technical background or a familiarity with software engineering
- Passion for prismpop products!