As a member of Circa Lighting Showroom staff, work with clients on the sales floor, assist clients, Business Development and other showroom staff in design, specification and selection of architectural and decorative lighting to drive sales of Visual Comfort Group products through Circa Lighting. Prepare lighting plans including architectural and decorative fixtures using AutoCAD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce accurate, efficient and creative lighting plans.
- Collaborate with Business Development to convert new and develop existing Circa Lighting customers.
- Participate in product presentations/Lunch and Learns to Builders, Designers and Architects.
- Provide support for Business Development and Showroom Staff in selection of appropriate fixtures for clients.
- Work assigned showroom floor time as requested, assisting clients in a manner that maintains long term relationships by processing quotes, sales orders, and returns accurately and efficiently
- Generate sales of decorative and architectural lighting through in showroom client engagement
- Minimize returns through customer assistance, thoughtful selections, and excellent follow-up with vendors and customers
- Maintain a clean, attractive, and organized showroom appearance to enhance sales
- Independently open and close showroom at the manager’s request
- Travel for project design meetings and site visits in the showroom trade area markets
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior design, Lighting Design, Engineering and/or Architecture required
- 2 years sales experience and 3 years of lighting design experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient computer skills utilizing AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent design software
- Critical thinking; ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines and production schedules in fast-paced environment
- Keen eye for design and creativity
- Ability to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation
- Strong analytical skills with a consistent focus on results measurement and fact-based decision making
- Must demonstrate maturity in judgement, commitment, dependability, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule as determined by manager
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Superior organization, planning skills, time management and prioritization with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a dynamic, team environment that spans several businesses which are managed in several locations
- Ability to enter data, navigate screens and retrieve data in point-of-sale system
- Ability to communicate and maintain safety and security standards
- Ability to use tools, climb ladders, and safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including weekends
- Frequent travel to and from showroom trade area markets required