National Pen is looking for a Web Designer to join our dynamic team of digital professionals. This role requires a detail-oriented creative that goes beyond Photoshop and understands how all parts of the site work together. You will use your abilities to create campaign assets, develop branding concepts and improve customer communication.
You'll love working at Pens.com because:
● We are a bright, kind, and motivated team. You can be your authentic self and are empowered to help others to do the same.
● We are a successful, fast-growing company helping small businesses do big things.
● We are committed to our customers and connected through our vision of “Your Image Is Our Business”.
● We love solving problems, thinking creatively, and testing innovative strategies.
● We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously.
● We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
● You will be proud to say that you work for Pens.com and will know that the work you do helps our customers every day.
What You’ll Do
● Provide beautiful, high-performing designs for multiple e-commerce platforms
● Build creative assets that will scale and require the fewest possible iterations
● Develop and code optimized, reusable email templates for promotional campaigns
● Ensure consistency with brand guidelines and contribute to our style guide
● Focus on results over effort
● Maintain excellent team communication to ensure projects meet cross-channel objectives
● Analyze and understand personalization capabilities to improve product presentation
What We’re Looking For
● 3-5+ years of professional design experience
● Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to quickly learn new software
● Expert in coding responsive email templates (HTML/CSS) and cross-client testing
● A design portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding of typography, hierarchy, color, imagery and layout
● Experience with providing collateral for an ecommerce business
● Outstanding communication skills with a focus on team success
● Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while keeping track of projects with minimal supervision
● Bachelor’s degree in visual design, cognitive science, marketing or equivalent experience
● Strong initiative, a good sense of humor and a “we’ll figure it out together” attitude
NATIONAL PEN is one of the largest promotional products companies in the world, servicing over 20 countries in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. We manufacture and sell products through ecommerce, direct mail, telesales and distributor channels. We are an international company with corporate headquarters in San Diego, California and multiple locations around the world. National Pen’s unique niche is the ability to personalize a promotional product to a customer’s specific needs for low volume production batches.