Tensil’s mission is to help teams reach the full potential of their creative ability. We are an early stage company founded by serial video entrepreneurs building a web collaborative video creation product called LightDesk for video professionals, creative agencies and companies. As the number of people creating and watching video is exploding, we are building the next generation of high powered collaborative video creation products to enhance people’s creativity working remotely as a team.
In this role you will lead design of the product, collaborating with the product and engineering teams to serve our customers through intuitive products that delight them daily.
By applying for this role, you could choose to work in the following US locations:
- San Francisco or remote within the US
We strive to create a working environment where we:
- Elegantly solve customer problems through creative design and technical solutions
- Ship products so we can learn from our customers quickly and iterate to better serve them
- Work as a team to exceed help each other our individual expectations
- Constantly learn and grow collectively and individually inside and outside of work
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer who has experience building a product or feature from scratch, as well as experience leading a team. You will:
- Design a simple yet powerful product
- Interact with customers to understand their needs and how we might better serve them
- Contribute to the team effort collaborating in customer research, product and engineering
- Actively make the team dynamic and our work processes amazing. Provide feedback, contribute to product decisions and help your teammates learn.
- Work with the team to manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Perform unit and integration testing.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Provide guidance for technical design and architecture decisions within the team and across the domain platform.
- As the team grows, source and hire amazing team mates
- Manage a team including goal setting, performance reviews, work planning and delivery
Ideally you’ve had these experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and 2+ years management experience
- Multiple experiences designing web applications, including concepting, prototyping, shipping and iterating these.
- You have a proven track record of biasing to action and getting things done
- You have experienced a strong sense of ownership in what you’re working on
Nice to Have:
Experience programming or prototyping. While having experience in web app design and management is important, if you have experience in a variety of areas and are a self-starter, take ownership of your own learning, are self-motivated and highly communicative please apply.