A BIT ABOUT OUR TEAM AT WHISTLE
Whistle is the pet tech brand transforming the way we care for our pets by empowering the people who love them. As the pet wearable market leaders, we track pet’s health, location, and fitness, and provide access to on-demand televet services. By combining pet science and technology, our products help owners care for pets in ways not previously possible, and are changing the way we understand our pet’s overall health and well-being. Whistle is an operating company of Kinship, which is a tech division of Mars Petcare.
HOW YOU’LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
As Whistle’s Product Designer, you will create beautiful and compelling experiences on both our native iOS and Android mobile apps. You are a master of ideation and know how to test, iterate, and polish designs, arriving at great results quickly. As a user experience designer you aren’t afraid of testing, experience mapping, or digging through data to direct your design decisions, yet you also wield creative mastery to build intuitive interfaces. You ask good questions, articulate your positions, and incorporate feedback into your designs. You thrive in a fast paced environment where there are often multiple projects happening simultaneously. Most of all - You are eager to apply your craft to the future of pet health & safety.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the mobile user interface for the Whistle app and contribute to the design and UX of Whistle's website.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Collaborate with product team on user research
- Own feature design from start through implementation including wireframes, prototypes, and detail oriented, annotated designs for Engineering.
- Solve complex interactions by humanizing user flows and feedback.
- Work directly with product owners and key stakeholders to solve strategic market problems and end-user problems.
- Maintain design systems, UX and UI documentation, assets and prototypes for assigned products.
- Evolve user experience guidelines, design language, and team processes.
- Collaborate across teams including Product, Marketing, and Engineering.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO KNOCK IT OUT OF THE DOG PARK:
- 3+ years design experience building elegant native iOS and Android apps.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to build the best possible solution for our users while also realizing the need to ship products
- Comfortable operating as an individual contributor
- Humble yet able to defend design decisions using data, a solid design philosophy and creative process.
- Hard-working with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience designing in Figma/Sketch as well as prototyping and testing using tools such as Principle, Origami, Flinto, InVision, Pixate, FramerJS, etc.
- Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for the role!
- Can do all of the above while surrounded by dogs :)
We strive to hire people who are passionate about our purpose. For all of our roles at Kinship, and with our operating companies like Whistle Labs, we look for candidates who will add to our culture and grow with us. We believe what we do is just as important as how we do it, and we aim to hire people who are:
- Optimistic. Those who are Courageous. Who’s boundlessly energy and enthusiasm for what’s next shines through in everything they do. We seek to work with people who are intrinsically happy, and who will drive our vision and purpose while managing the complexities of our businesses.
- Purposefully Inquisitive. Those who Learn at Pace and use their deep business insights to cultivate innovation. We want the trailblazers in tech. Those who are entrepreneurs at heart, ask the tough questions, adapt quickly to new situations, and analyze data in new ways to push our big ideas forward.
- Open to All. Those who Value Difference. People who are inclusive leaders and believe that our differences make us better. We hire people who are naturally collaborative, thrive in a flat and flexible organization, and seek broad perspectives in their work.
WHY JOIN US?
We offer our Associates:
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- A dog-friendly workplace in our San Francisco office, or right from your couch when you work from home
- Exceptional health, dental, vision, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Support for pet-related appointments and leaves
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new child
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship