Lead Product Designer
Invygo is a technology start-up based in Dubai and that aspires to positively impact humanity through its commitment to challenging the status-quo and ambition to disrupt the conventional approach of how the world uses mobility services.
We enable customers to interact with car dealers in a new way to shop, get approved, and pay for a car – all through an app. We help optimize our dealer partners’ used vehicle inventory, build better user experience and give customers the freedom to drive the car they want for as long as they want with the flexibility to walk away at any time.
We are looking for an experienced lead designer to be the design owner and strategic partner with the technology and product teams on our key initiatives. Someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights of people across the world, has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals) and inspires the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences accessing cars.
As the Lead Product Designer, you’ll be managing an existing team of freelance designers and eventually growing a high performing product design function to support our growth. You’ll be in charge of our design system, feature ideation, UX and UI for our products. You’ll also have input on Product Strategy, Brand and Marketing.
We’re relentlessly customer-focused and use a data-driven test and learn approach, so you’ll also need to take charge of user research, testing and measuring design. We use Sketch, Invision and Zeplin for our UI as well as other tools such as Adobe After Effects, Framer and Principle for prototyping and animation. However, we’re always open to better tools and processes and you’ll have the freedom to implement effective workflows for your department.
What you will be doing:
- Lead design projects from research, ideation intended for unique audience use cases and markets across UAE & KSA
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, growth, and marketing, among others
- You’ll take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific market demands to produce data-informed solutions
- You’ll take full ownership of your work and full responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments
- Produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths to try another approach
What we like:
- You have at least 5 years of experience designing at consumer-focused product companies; experience designing for multiple platforms is a huge plus
- You’re user-focused, empathetic and constantly seeking to understand problems, but also consider business goals and technical constraints
- You have an aptitude for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business
- You possess a strong understanding of usability and user experience principles
- You take calculated risks: you’re comfortable with designing to learn, unafraid of making mistakes (because they are a part of learning), and can temper your analytical skills with intuition and creative ambition
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have meaningful impact
- You’re experienced in the latest design tools and an expert with Sketch, Invision, After Effects and prototyping
- You’re happy wearing many hats and take a lean, scrappy approach but also implement a process where it can help us effectively scale
- You’re excited by the idea of working in a young startup, the autonomy that brings and the impact you can have but, are looking forward to helping us scale globally