Lead Product Designer
The Role: Lead Designer
As a Lead Designer, you will be a highly strategic, self-sufficient problem solver. You bring impeccable design taste, a meticulous attention-to-detail, and a passion for representing the user. You will help navigate the complexities of daily UX and service design problems, while helping push the boundary of what design means for us. We’re looking for Lead Designers who are excited by building something from scratch. As a Lead, that’s what you’ll do -- lead, define, and deliver work with tangible business value and real user impact. That means that you partner with Product Managers, Researchers, Engineers and other Designers to shape the overall vision and uphold the standards of the solution.
Collaboration and critique is at the core of everything we do. We believe that creating the best product experience requires intense collaboration, constant questioning, and a healthy level of challenge. The user is always our focus. So, we don’t waste time presenting in Google Slides or Keynote. We prototype, test, and iterate -- early and often.
As a Lead Designer, you will help uphold and build on this approach. We’re looking for someone to elevate the team, own user-first solutions to business problems, and always look for ways to simplify the experience.
What you'll do:
* Continue to help build out our design system
* Lead a team of Designers and Writers through ideation, concepting, detailed design, prototyping (we don’t present here) and final delivery
* Uncover interdependencies, trade-offs, and risks within a given project - making them visible and collaborating to resolve challenges early
* Collaborate with our Brand team to craft compelling stories through copy, video, animation, illustration, and photography
* Craft elegant complex end-to-end user flows for multiple scenarios and user archetypes
* Synthesize product and business goals into user-centric design solutions across multiple products and experiences
* Work with Product Managers and Engineers to set project KPIs, monitor its success, and optimize based on results
* Work with Designers and Product Managers to set timeline expectations and create project plans
* Work with Designers to prototype and envision future product features, including phased feature rollouts and short-term vs. long-term solutions based on engineering constraints
* Help define and iterate how our brand should be expressed across our product
* Work across teams to ensure we are utilizing both qualitative and quantitative insights into our design process and are clear about how they influence design decisions
* Partner with Product Managers, Engineers and Researchers right hand and you’ll work closely to solve complex problems, find compromises and plan effectively
* Mentor fellow designers, encouraging them to take appropriate risks, and providing constructive support, feedback, and critique