Associate Design Director
WHO WE ARE
Hook is a digital creative agency that exists to make technology more accessible to brands and their audiences. We are a team of dedicated developers, motion artists, designers, producers, and creatives who are passionate about our work and believe you will be too!
Check out more of what we do at byhook.com
WHAT IS AN ASSOCIATE DESIGN DIRECTOR AT HOOK
Associate Design Directors are experienced leaders that expertly use design to exceed client goals while working within the guard rails of existing brand marketing strategies. They operate alongside creative teams (providing a client-facing fluency in visual languages) to produce industry-leading advertising content for both static and animated mediums. While their performance is often directly measured by the quality of the work they produce, they understand that it’s ultimately their ability to coach and develop fellow design talent that drives long term success.
The daily challenges range from overseeing (and guaranteeing) tactical design executions to directly leading conceptual design challenges for national and global brands/campaigns. With an existing design team in place, previous experience with team and project leadership within a rapid production environment will be a critical skill. Given the close proximity to marketing clients, being an excellent communicator and an overall joy-to-work-with will also go a long way toward success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Demonstrate a working mastery of both Visual and Interactive design
- Execute and manage original, persuasive, conceptual and visually compelling design work in line with agency and brand standards
- Inspire, oversee, and provide mentorship to design staff toward the goal of accelerating skill progression through a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Fluently speak the language of design with both clients and creatives enabling effective feedback and direction
- Work closely with creative staff to ensure design work exceeds client expectations
- Maintain and promote an internal awareness of industry design trends and standards with a strong focus on processes and tools
- Cultivates a sense of ownership that elevates the standards and quality of all work achieved by the Designers
- Demonstrate an ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time while maintaining clear vision of priorities, overseeing larger team of designers and making sure everything is pixel perfect before facing the client
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A strong background, with 6+ years’ of high-profile design work.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- A big imagination and interesting ideas
- Optimism toward client revisions
- Enthusiasm for ideas within the agency as they move from concept to execution
- Masterful skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch, as well as emerging interactive design trends (Knowledge of Prototyping, After Effect and Cinema 4d a plus)
- Direct experience (and an enthusiasm for) team leadership and mentorship
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
Qualified applicants will submit a resume, a portfolio of visually stunning work and a statement of interest that lets us learn a little more about you!
This is a full-time position at our Los Angeles office. We're a close-knit group of people who love the internet and want to create phenomenal work.
Company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
At Hook we value what makes everyone different and we look for the best talent no matter the background. We know that great work requires diverse perspectives which is why we strive to create a place of belonging where everyone can express who they are.