We’re looking for a creative, always-learning-and-exploring visual designer to take our company to new heights. This role will report into our Creative Director and work closely with our VP of Marketing to transform the voice of Biteable into compelling visual designs and systems that will inspire and inform our team, community, and future customers.
This is a special opportunity to shape key pieces of the look, feel, and visual identity of a new brand that’s focused on helping people become better visual communicators themselves. And you’ll get to join our fun, experienced, and inclusive team that cares deeply about visual storytelling and delivering delightful, memorable experiences for our customers. If this sounds like your dream job, we’d really love to hear from you!
A little about the Biteable culture
At Biteable we're committed to the happiness of our staff. We love it when everyone feels supported and we doubly love it when everyone feels empowered to create.
The Biteable team is scattered around the globe from Seattle to Singapore, and lots of places in between. Our diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are the glue that binds us.
We treat each other like adults and we set our own schedules. We also recognize that families are part of our daily lives and we like that they often turn up on our video calls.
What you'll do at Biteable
- Design and produce editorial materials that are meant to inspire and inform our creative community and future customers.
- Design our public-facing creative, marketing pages, and customer communications.
- Help shape and help manage our brand’s visual identity as we evolve.
- Influence our design team’s culture and the way we work.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of visual design experience and believe in the excellence of your craft.
- You have strong communication and teamwork skills.
- You have a deep understanding of typography and are skilled in its application.
- You have demonstrated the ability to deliver production ready design for print and web.
- You can work independently and with a team.
- You have a high bar for getting it right and are not afraid to fail along the way.
- You enjoy collaborating and believe the whole is better than the sum of its parts.
- You believe there is always more to learn and are eager to grow as an individual.
- You have a love for visual storytelling.
A little more about our culture
Biteable is a bit of rarity. Everyone genuinely cares about each other. When asked, they use words like these to describe their colleagues: rigorous, respectful, open, supportive, honest, and egoless.
Don't just take our word for it, though. Here are a few quotes that we didn't make up:
“Biteable's team of smart, funny, engaged, and caring people makes my work here enjoyable, every day. Being close to decisions and decision-makers helps me make an impact on our work.”
“The development team is a great group of people. They’re smart and interested in doing high-quality work, but foster a social and supportive atmosphere, too.”
“At Biteable, you’re given the support and flexibility you need to do your best work in a way that suits your lifestyle. I’m continuously impressed by this team’s skill and unwavering passion. But what’s more, is that everyone operates with kindness, respect, and a great sense of humor.”
All about us
We are Biteable, a tech start-up that makes (jaw-dropping) videos possible for everyone. We stand apart in our market thanks to our dedication to quality content and our passion for intuitive, friendly experiences.
Since our launch in 2014 we’ve:
- Engaged a community of over 6 million users
- Created more than 10 million videos
We’re growing fast and have a remote team scattered around the world. We are informal, structurally flat, and fun to work with.
How to apply
We want you to start soon. Apply via the link, and tell us why you and Biteable fit together like a harmonious colour palette.
We’ll review your application and then set up informal interviews with a handful of candidates. We've got our fingers crossed that you're one of them — we're rooting for you.