E-commerce Product Designer
Want to help thousands of businesses build their brand while playing a key role in building ours? We’re looking for a talented, motivated E-commerce Product Designer to help us manage a site that delivers beautiful custom packaging to brands every day. Think you’re up for the job? Read on.
Packlane empowers brands big and small to create beautiful, affordable unboxing experiences that customers will enjoy and remember. From subscription boxes to event swag, eye-catching packaging can help brands connect with their customers – so we do everything we can to make it a smooth and easy process.
We’re a team of eager self-starters from all over the world, and we’re looking for others to help grow Packlane into the best company it can be. Our core values are creativity (including beautiful design!), high quality work, and a passion for what we do. If that sounds like a good fit, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Your Role as an E-Commerce Product Designer
You’ll spend your workdays collaborating with product management and engineering to help define innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience of Packlane’s web pages. This includes creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps that effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
As a result, you’ll have your finger on the pulse of Packlane’s brand, playing a key role in how customers experience our product. You’ll execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering. And beyond that, we’ll rely on you to establish and promote design guidelines and best practices that help drive our business forward.
We’re open to your ideas. In fact, we require them! You’ll conceptualize original work that brings simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks. As a result, you’ll be expected to present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and exec-level stakeholders.
Who You Are:
If you have an outstanding portfolio and a knack for solving problems creatively and efficiently, then you’ll fit right in! More specifically, we’re looking for:
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Experience with A/B Testing
- Strong experience working with commerce platforms such as Magento, WooCommerce, and/or Shopify.
- E-Commerce Art Direction Experience a Plus
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- A solid understanding of responsive design, with a focus on mobile devices
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process