Sr UX Designer (Marketing)
*We are accepting both local and remote roles*
In this cross-functional role, you’ll be part of our growing Marketing team. Your main priority will be to consistently optimize our brand by creating and implementing synergistic visuals and content that will align with our product and the design system we have set in the company
Not only are you designing the aforementioned elements but you’re implementing them, too, using tools like Webflow. Since your main focus is on the user experience, you should have a proven background in researching competitive landscapes and conceptualizing design ideas that drive conversation and nurture a brand’s reputation (ours).
To be successful in this position, you must first understand that this is not a product-focused role in that you are not designing our app or working with our engineering team on a daily basis. This is a Marketing role and that is the department you’ll be working with everyday.
You must have at least 3-5 years of working experience with all (or most) of the platforms we use, being Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Abstract and Webflow. If you don’t have experience with these platforms, expect that we’ll ask you to learn them. Having demonstrated experience designing for a B2B or SaaS company is crucial (we’ll ask to see your work) and if you haven’t worked in this type of environment, anticipate that we’ll ask you to prove that you could handle it.
Being a UX-centric designer is necessary as you’re responsible for our corp site and all its intricacies. It’s our first impression for potential clients, so the flow and the overall vibe has to be at the forefront of all collateral you produce.
But ultimately, what's most important to us is that you're a team player with flexibility and an understanding that feedback isn't personal; it’s an opportunity for conversation and negotiation.
So, now that that’s established, here’s the bulleted skinny on the job, our expectations, your core responsibilities and your day-to-day:
- Must be comfortable using a Mac
- Have a phenomenal portfolio that exhibits your understanding of UX and interface design, as well as have examples of SaaS specific projects
- Be knowledgeable of UX principles and user psychology specific to web and mobile applications
- Have 3-5 years of working experience with UX and/or SaaS-specific design
- Have experience working as the designer for a marketing team
- Aspire for design excellence and pixel-perfect attention to detail (but know when you release and iterate)
- Have a willingness and desire to collaborate on final products.
You core responsibilities and day-to-day responsibilities…
- Collaborate with the CEO and Head of Marketing to optimize our brand.
- Develop wireframes and task flows and translate those into highly-polished brand-centric visuals with attention to UX for our corp site, blog, marketing and advertising efforts, focusing on the user experience.
- Scope and create templates for our marketing team to be more efficient in their postings on social media, the blog, emails and other channels.
- Coordinate, manage and design other marketing needs such as presentations, signage, brochures, and trade show collateral.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to design and develop engaging, high conversion landing pages.
- Assist in designing creative resources and lead magnets to drive leads.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and data-driven design strategies for mobile and web applications.
- Confidently create those web page designs based on industry guidelines, standards and best practices
- Incorporate new functionalities, enhancements and features into the website and understand how to measure improvements
- Utilize Webflow, Adobe Creative Suite, Abstract and Sketch on a daily basis.
- Either have experience with or be willing to quickly master Webflow.
- Be able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Have the ability to bring ideas to the table but also bring someone else's idea to life (i.e. look at something poorly created in Paint or scribbling on a notepad and turn it into something awesome)
- The ability to listen to the sweet sound of ping pong games frequently throughout the day
Keep in mind: we are a start-up which means that your day to day is not usually the same. As we continue to grow, we find ourselves having to pivot quickly! Flexibility and adaptability is pretty crucial.
If all this sounds like your cup of tea then APPLY! We look forward to hearing from you!