Do you love executing beautifully designed mockups into engaging user experiences? Are you a passionate design nerd that stays on top of the everchanging technology landscape? Do you nitpick the smallest details? If so, you might be the right fit for us!
We're looking for a Front-End Designer to join our growing team in the Sacramento area. You'll work with the creative and product teams to expand our online presence, push the boundaries of what we do within our cross-platform application, and engage our growing athlete-base. If you have great ideas, a portfolio of beautifully executed solutions, and "get shit done," we'd love to talk.
Take a look at our design structure to get a better picture of what our Front-End Designers are responsible for.
You will make an excellent candidate if you...
- First and foremost, are an awesome person (We are building a team, not hiring an employee)
- Have excellent proficiency in HTML and CSS markup
- Are able to learn and adapt to new technologies that help us build the future of TrainerRoad
- Are a stellar communicator who can take direction and criticism from others as well as lead a project
You must also be able to...
- Create new and execute already-established designs to manage brand consistency across multiple platforms and web properties
- Produce consistently polished and sensible markup and engage in peer-to-peer code reviews
- Contribute to the growth and development of our Design System
- Adapt quickly and efficiently to better serve internal and end-user needs
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with React-Native
- Have familiarity with styled-components
Requirements for Consideration
- 4+ years of professional design or development experience
- Online portfolio demonstrating elegant solutions and crazy attention to detail
- Desire to be part of a great team and contribute from day one
- Live in the Sacramento, CA., or Reno, NV., areas
- US-based remote will be considered for standout candidates
- Competitive salary package
- UNLIMITED vacation
- 401k with 4% company match
- 99% Employer-covered health care
- Flexible work-life schedule
- Access to the latest cycling fitness devices
You tell us what you want to get paid. We are looking for experienced and talented designers. The higher salary you request, the more we'll expect out of you (funny how that works).
Do I have to be a cyclist to apply?
Absolutely not! While we encourage you to ride to better understand our athletes and audience, it's not a requirement for employment.
What is UNLIMITED vacation?
We believe employees do their best work when they are happy and engaged. If it's 3pm and you're fried, we encourage you to go home and rest up. It does no good to sit and stare at the computer screen if nothing positive is coming out of it.
Employees generally shoot for around four weeks of REAL vacation time, but some take more, and some take less. All we care about is productivity and happiness. We want people who are passionate and get things done. If you meet those requirements, everything else works itself out.
That being said, if you end up taking massive amounts of vacation, come in late, leave early, and aren't producing outstanding work, we're going to have a problem.
Excited about TrainerRoad?
Please send us your resume, online portfolio, salary requirements, and include "Design 4 Life" at the top of your application, email, or cover letter.
This helps weed out anyone who is just shotgunning their resume to every job posting they can find. We want talented, detail-oriented folks. Are you that person?
We look forward to hearing from you!