Sr UX Designer
CloudCover delivers the insane potential of the public cloud to start-ups & agile enterprises through a combination of weaponized geekiness, extreme automation and battle-scarred experience. CloudCover has its headquarters in Singapore and primary delivery talent based out of Pune, India. ColudCover also has its satellite sales and project management offices in Singapore and USA.
Part of the job
As a Product UX Designer, you would work with a diverse cross-functional team to enhance the feature set and capabilities of products that are built by CloudCover. You'll be part of or lead discussions that will define prioritization and market feasibility of features.
You will be involved in every step of design, including research, ideation, mapping user flows, creating mockups and designing high-fidelity UIs for the product. You’ll co-ordinate and work with the development team to implement features and maintain the overall finesse and standard of the product.
This job is for you if you
- Are someone who actively balances interests of engineering, product management, marketing, and stakeholders while optimizing for the user experience
- Are an expert communicator who can express your functional and meaningful designs
- Have a good understanding of the balance between what is viable for the business, desirable for the customer, and technically feasible
- Can identify and understand problems and convert their potential solution ideas into tangible deliverables
- Can effectively convey design decisions using fundamental design principles of shapes, colours, texture and space
- Have phenomenal attention to detail, taming those pesky pixels to create beautiful solutions
- Are not afraid to speak your mind and passionate about exploring, experimenting and learning new things every day
- Have a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context, medium, and platforms you're designing for
- Know when and how to push the design direction within the constraints of your projects
- Have a strong portfolio that shows your work artifacts, not just an end state
What experience/ skills do you need?
- Web and brand design experience
- Native mobile design experience is nice to have
- 5 or more years of professional experience in UX & UI Design
- Experience in cloud technologies
- A sense of entrepreneurship - you're self-motivated and the one who starts with "why"
- Experience in working with inception phases of product development which is fast-paced ever-evolving
- A sound understanding of User Centred Design which includes...
- User research
- Usability testing
- User journey flows
- Laws of UX
- User personas
- User stories
- The ability to deliver experiences that are as functional as they are beautiful
- Ability to focus on and constantly improve the attention to details
- Experience in creating low and high-fidelity prototypes
- Experience creating engaging and persuasive presentations to guide clients through the ins and outs of the product or project
It's a bonus if you also have
- Experience working in enterprise design
- Basic coding skills (HTML/CSS)
- Experience with motion design