Hello World is a K12 computer science program that partners with public schools to provide a rigorous, engaging, and relevant computer science education. Our mission is to meaningfully change the trajectory of students’ lives by growing true programming and computational capabilities that enable students to lead in cutting-edge fields. Our team aspires to drive forward a transformative, sustainable model for computer science education through building a software that can be used widely across K12 schools. An example student story can be found here - tinyurl.com/alexanews.
Our team is hiring a contract to full-time Product Designer who is invested in our mission and is eager to shape the future of K12 computer science education. We are seeking a committed, hard-working individual to join us in our pursuit of an ambitious goal. This individual should have an insatiable desire to learn, influence others, and drive the design of our learning management software. This role is for you if you thrive in a positive, energetic environment where you're surrounded by a small, close-knit team who inspire each other to take their craft to the next level.
The ideal candidate for this role has an exceptional visual design foundation and can lead product development through its full lifecycle through a strategic, user-centric lens.
What you’ll do:
- Transform business problems into user experience opportunities by designing, testing and launching intuitive and delightful solutions for our end users
- Collaborate with Hello World’s software engineer, curriculum designers, and CEO to generate ideas and turn them into seamless product experiences and contribute to developing the team’s long-term roadmap
- Lead the product design process of researching, ideating, sharing and soliciting feedback, and prototyping
- Bring beautiful, compelling, and on-brand designs to life and communicate your vision through sketches, flows, prototypes, mock-ups, documentation, and high-fidelity visuals
- Advocate for design and research methodologies and run quantitative and qualitative research such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or product design
- A portfolio with beautiful, intuitive, purposeful, and lovable designs that demonstrate technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centred design methodologies
- Experience building and shipping software
- Strong conceptualizing and prototyping skills
- Highly skilled in Figma (preferred / willing to learn), Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite and other modern prototyping technologies
- Experience designing web-based interfaces for varying devices and platforms; understanding of cross-browser compatibility and accessibility
- Ability to clearly demonstrate that you are solving the right problems, express the rationale behind your decisions, all while creating space for constructive feedback
- Ability to work independently and manage your workload to meet project deadlines
- Experience in online learning or K12 education a plus
Why Hello World:
- Work alongside the CEO and a team of passionate, driven individuals
- Opportunity to have full ownership of the design cycle and grow within the organization
- Inspire and influence the next generation of innovators with your designs
- Drive your own schedule and priorities in a trusting team environment