Senior UI/UX Designer
Product design at BOALT
One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we have yet to build. A big part of the role of a product designer at BOALT is to be a visionary—visualizing and reinventing the future of design.
Product designers at BOALT take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wire-framing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with BOALT clients.
We currently have 4 Product Designers based in Miami, Florida and Charlotte, North Carolina, and we ideally want to double in size over the next 6 months. We're hiring at multiple levels so whether you have 3 years or 15 years experience, we'd love to hear from you!
What we look for
- You have at least 5 years experience in a Product Design role with a portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your users’ real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and white-boarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
What you'll learn at BOALT
- How to think beyond mockups and prototypes—applying novel approaches and design thinking to the entire product development cycle.
- How to think creatively and collaboratively into the future. We are passionate, inspired, motivated individuals who are excited by big vision projects that give us all the opportunity to think like a CEO—constantly pushing ourselves.
- How to push your creativity and passion to the limit. How to solve problems that have never been solved before.
** Please send across your portfolio / examples of your work when applying.
Until this listing is added to our job portal, please email resumes and portfolios to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org