Lead Product Designer
Siteline is making construction more productive. 10% of the global workforce is in construction, yet it's been massively overlooked by most software developers and designers. People in this space have been stuck with last-generation technology tools. We're making work more enjoyable and efficient for millions of skilled craftspeople and we want your help to do it.
We are a team of product-minded people passionate about improving efficiency and visibility for real people doing hard jobs. Your challenges as a designer will include abstracting away complexity, simplifying workflows, and creating moments of delight across web and mobile platforms.
YOUR DAY TO DAY 👩💻
- Apply your hard-won interaction design wisdom. Right away, you’ll be able to apply your unique experiences reducing complexity, solving core problems, and focusing on user needs. In our view, being able to deeply grok user situations and turning their major pain points into differentiated solutions, is magic. You’ll be the resident magician.
- Take ownership of design. While you’ll spend most of your time applying your interaction design superpowers to making our customers’ lives simpler and easier, you’ll own product design end-to-end. You'll build on top of the existing design system to create first-class visual designs for our customers. And while you won’t be expected to personally do brand design work, you’ll have a voice in that process to make sure that our product and brand design are consistent.
- Define problems and map out solutions. You're an expert at observing customer pain points, breaking down their challenges, and prototyping interactions. You'll collaborate with Eng and PM across different client platforms to create more effortless ways for customers to work.
WHY THIS ROLE? WHY THIS COMPANY? 🌲
- Create impact for a foundational industry. Construction makes up 10% of the world’s GDP, but it’s stuck in the ways of decades past. Any improvement in productivity has the potential to create massive ripple effects. Ultimately, our mission is to make building more affordable for people from all walks of life.
- We’ve uncovered a secret that affects up to 33% of project time and cost. The time is ripe, and we’re uniquely positioned to solve this problem. We found the secret by going deep on user needs; help us ensure that we always stay close to users and create the best possible solution for them.
- Work with some of the best early-stage startup practitioners. Our founders come from companies like Stripe, Apple, Google, Firebase, and Flipboard, and one is a serial entrepreneur with multiple exits under their belt. Backed by the same investors behind PlanGrid, BuildingConnected, Uber, and Flexport, we have far-reaching ambitions to disrupt an enormous real-world industry.
- Join at the beginning of a transformative company. Shape our company culture, and give design its proper voice at the EPD table. Inspire your co-workers, and know that you can expect radical candor, respect, and camaraderie in return. Our company is led by a female CEO, and we are determined to build not only a great product for our customers, but also an enduring, meaningful company.
- Work with a world-class team who has built products used by hundreds of millions at Apple, Google, Stripe, and Zynga. Our leadership (including a serial entrepreneur) places a high value on mentorship and training future leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Wellness reimbursement
- Top-notch equipment setup
- Access to our investor community (network and mentorship programs)
👫 At Siteline, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Siteline, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.