Reports to: Chief Growth Officer
Location: New York, NY
Salary Range: TBD depending on experience
The mission of the REFORM Alliance is to dramatically reduce the number of people who are unjustly under the control of the criminal justice system – starting with probation and parole. To win, we are leveraging our considerable resources to change laws and policies while changing hearts and minds.
REFORM’s founding partners include award-winning recording artist Meek Mill; Philadelphia 76ers co-owner and Fanatics executive chairman Michael Rubin; entrepreneur and business mogul Shawn “JAY-Z” Carter; Kraft Group CEO and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft; Brooklyn Nets co-owner and philanthropic investor Clara Wu Tsai; Third Point LLC CEO and founder Daniel S. Loeb; Galaxy Digital CEO and founder Michael E. Novogratz; Vista Equity Partners founder, chairman, and CEO Robert F. Smith. CNN host and activist Van Jones is the CEO.
REFORM seeks a creative and experienced Senior Designer to manage and evolve REFORM’s visual identity. We’re looking for a highly driven player-coach who understands the role great design can play in bringing REFORM’s mission to life and who is eager to help us build a best-in-class brand from the ground up.
- Work with the Senior Director, Creative Campaigns to develop and maintain REFORM’s brand voice and visual identity
- Maintain, evolve, and translate REFORM’s brand across multiple platforms to create a cohesive experience
- Create strong print and digital design for a wide range of assignments, from brand guidelines and merch mockups to social posts and event collateral
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a small team of freelancers and/or junior designers
- Obsess over how the REFORM brand shows up online and IRL
- Create and execute original, engaging concepts that bring the brand to life
- Partner with digital and social colleagues to understand trends and performance and use data and best practices to inform our work
- Be the key point of contact for all incoming and outgoing design requests
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to better understand their needs and implement solutions that empower them to produce on-brand work
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and best practices
Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of experience designing for fast-paced teams
- Exceptional visual and interactive design skills with a clear grasp of branding, typography, layout, color, motion, and user experience
- A curious and ambitious brand thinker who is proactive, self-motivated, and details-obsessed
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Comfortable with and even excited by ambiguity
- Excellent judgment and written/verbal communication skills
- Deep enthusiasm for learning, growing and finding better ways to do things
- Plays well with others and influences through the power of ideas, not force
- Low ego, more invested in outcomes and team success than individual credit
- Demonstrated ability to bring ambitious ideas to life from conception to execution
- Experience working with and designing for diverse audiences
- Passion for REFORM’s mission and model
- Proficient with industry-standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Proven ability to work within an organization emphasizing teamwork and excellence
REFORM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive for a workforce that reflects the population that we serve.