Senior Digital Product Designer
We’re looking for an experienced digital product designer with a passion for UX and UI to create beautiful, intuitive and engaging digital products for our clients and startups alike.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a senior digital designer wanting to step into a leadership role. You will be given the opportunity to showcase your skills, and improve on existing processes within UX and design.
To apply for this position, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We require a resume (outlining your previous work experience), a well-crafted portfolio link as well as an intro to who you are, what excites you, what led you to become a digital product designer, and what does your future look like.
If you made it to our short list, we will notify you via email and set up a meet and greet with our team.
Our shared work values at IO
#simplicity #vulnerability #teamplayer #lifelonglearning #curiosity #accountability #bravery
What will you do on a daily basis?
- You will own the vision of a product in terms of it's design, from conception to execution
- You will tackle complex UX and UI problems
- You will conduct user research
- You will run user tests and gather feedback, whether in person or using software
- You will create wireframes
- You will communicate your ideas and suggestions to clients and startups
- You will prototype your designs, using modern prototyping tools
- You will improve existing processes (designops) within IO
- You will give direction, provide mentorship, and support our younger designers working cross product and platform to unify our approach and strategy to digital product design
- You will collaborate with POs, SMs, designers, developers and UX specialists to create the best possible product
Is this position right for you?
- You have a minimum of 3 years proven UX experience, including user research and user testing
- You have a minimum of 3 years UI experience
- You have a strong understanding of Agile methodologies, lean design and design sprints
- You love the challenge of making complex things feel simple
- You are excited about tackling complex UI and UX challenges, but are also equally comfortable working on website, app and branding projects
- You have a rock solid technical understanding of responsive and mobile layout principles for digital design
- You want to set best practices and create processes that ensure the best developer handoff and final outcome possible
- You are experienced in using the latest design tools such as Sketch, Abstract (or similar)
- You are a true collaborator
- You have convictions, but you are flexible to change your opinion if a better option, backed by good reasoning, arises
What do we expect?
- We are looking for a highly motivated individual
- We expect you to take full ownership of your work
- We try to structure work as best as we can, and use some great productivity apps and tools, but your teams will still rely on you to display coping skills when it comes to complexity and tight deadlines
- We require your presence in client meetings
- We expect you to assist in improving our design and UX processes
- We expect you to stay on top of modern tools, approaches and developments within your industry
- We also expect you to have fun, love your job, love our clients, and enjoy the company of your team mates. We are a nice, social bunch
- During lockdown, we are all remote. When we do return to some kind of normality, we would appreciate having a DPD in-house to facilitate and collaborate with our product team
- We are very flexible and do allow for remote options
- We reward loyalty to our team through parking allowances and additional leave
- A peer-to-peer reward scheme allows us to give kudos where team mates support each other
- Through quarterly team events we get to know each other better in and out of the office
- We predominately work on Mac, however we supply another option when there is a specific preference
- Under more normal circumstances, we have a stocked kitchen, amazing coffee, as well as a selection of drinks to enjoy after work
We look forward to meeting you!