UI/UX Designer (Remote)
Imagine a product that reached over a million users without a unified customer experience. That same product is at the edge of where careers are headed, where every person becomes their own brand with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at vidIQ – an infinite market, a large and highly engaged customer base, and the chance to help build vidIQ's sales and growth engine from the ground up.
Why this Role?
1. Join a truly global, remote team: Work from anywhere! Have co-workers all around the
world. Get the opportunity to travel for events and company meet-ups.
2. Build an engaging experience people love: Creators around the world use vidIQ to manage huge 8 figure subscriber YouTube channels – but your friends and family just starting out on YouTube use it to gather ideas, find opportunities, and dig into what's working for these mega channels.
3. Meaningfully shape our design: As you engage with customers, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with data to inform what we do next.
4. Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We've hit profitability and over a million users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
5. Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We continually re-invest back into our company and our team members we practice continuous never ending improvement— and there's so much more to do and learn.
We want to empower Creators. We help creators on their journey to being better video creators through tools and training.
Just about every single human on this planet loves to listen to stories, to experience them, and some to tell them. Because of the opportunity the internet gives us where people are able to build businesses while in the comfort of their own home, a lot of people are seeking this opportunity and many of them, with amazing stories, are giving up too fast. There's too much bad information out there on how creators become successful, how they build their audiences. vidIQ challenges this status quo by giving creators the tools and knowledge needed to grow their audiences faster by enabling them to uncover their own opportunities by just using vidIQ.
We believe that by equipping people with the best tools and education to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world's problems.
The best way to understand vidIQ is to play with the product: www.vidiq.com/extension
We've heard vidIQ described many ways. It can be the tool that you use to manage your YouTube channel, making deep analytical insights accessible that saves dozens of hours a week. When someone attends any of our live streams or academy, it's the education every creator needs to be successful. We're also known as the best video keyword research tool available to many folks. At vidIQ's core, it's a tool that gives creators what they need to navigate toward the success they want to have because of the tools and education made readily available.
So, what will you do at vidIQ in this UI/UX Designer role?
- Create and oversee the development of a range of branded materials, including on-site experiences, video graphics, live event banners, swag, social media assets, pitch decks, social ads, banner ads, landing pages, and email.
- You will lead graphic direction and create beautiful, insightful and truly impactful designs for multiple platforms.
- You will be responsible for upholding the visual integrity of our output. You have your finger on the pulse of pop-culture, good design, and emerging digital trends and know how to juxtapose them to lift brand perception and increase value to the customer and get them to take action.
- You’ll take on some product UI/UX design projects to build/improve the experience users will see as they interact with vidIQ products
- Conceptualize seasonal campaign graphic direction.
- Ensure that other designers are aligning and executing the seasonal direction according to brief.
- Work closely with management and other departments to ensure projects are on track.
- Evaluate policies and processes and brainstorm ideas for improvement.
- Ensure aesthetically consistent, top-notch visual output by giving and receiving constructive criticism in a positive and open manner.
- Complete projects by or before deadline and with ample time for revisions as necessary.
This might be for you if…
- You have design expertise -- A Degree in Graphic Design or a related major and minimum 5+ years working in design -or- combined equivalent of education and/or experience of 5 -10 years
- You have wonderful written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- You have a mastery of Creative Cloud apps- Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign.
- You have experience creating motion graphics is a huge plus.
- You have a familiarity with UI/UX tech stack - Figma, Invision, Sketch, Miro, etc.
- You have crystal clear knowledge of typography, layout, color theory and general design
- You have an airtight understanding of best practices for mobile-enabled platforms and responsive design
- You have an Intuitive understanding of branding concepts
- You have a strong ability to conceptualize graphic packages based on Art Director/Marketing briefs
- You are following current trends in digital design, fashion, and retail communities
- You have a love for collaboration & Mentorship
- You have A+ leadership skills, and an all-hands-on-deck, service-oriented mentality
- You have experience working with and giving feedback to other creatives
- You have an extensive understanding of marketing trends, terms, and strategy
- You have an ability to create comprehensive briefs outlining design standards to be shared with cross functional teams.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude!
- You have an ability to work/adjust in a fast-paced environment and keep forward thinking momentum.
- You have problem-solving skills that translate business objectives into interactive application concepts.
- You have attention to detail and a proven track record producing consistent clean icons, graphics, and layouts and web.
- You are well versed in development tradeoffs between speed, design, flexibility and the underlying design architecture. We like designers that understand this stuff.
- You have a passion for leading/inspiring creativity, cooperation and collaboration amongst team members.
- You have experience with project management tools such as Trello, Notion, Asana, etc, a plus.
What benefits can I expect?
-This is a 100% remote position, work from anywhere you like.
-A flexible work schedule where you decide which hours to work. We expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
-We offer a generous vacation policy of taking time when you need it.
-Most team members take 4–5 weeks of time off per year.
-Team retreats every year! Past trips have been to Spain, Portugal, and other amazing places.
-Work with amazing people around the world.
-Huge impact in the Creator Ecosystem.
-Matched or exceed market salary in the country you live in.
-Support your professional development and will pay for relevant courses and conferences
If you’re excited about this, we’d love to talk to you. Use the “Apply” button below to get in touch with us.