UI Designer / Animator / Illustrator
We’re a brand new language learning app, with an ambitious combination of functionality and style. We’re looking for an experienced designer to take our ideas and create beautiful UI and animation assets for use in our app. The concept is modern, a bit cutesy, and very unique. We feel it’d be a fun project for any passionate creative and there’s a large possibility of long term work if we gel well!
If you don’t fit all of these requirements, please still feel free to apply. We may end up with 2 different designers, 1 for animation and 1 for UI, if there is nobody who ticks all our boxes.
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe XD (or similar, Figma etc)
- Adobe Illustrator (or similar)
- Airbnb Lottie (bonus)
- A portfolio demonstrating ‘cute’ animation, UI design, etc
- The app has an ocean and animal theme, so any previous experience related to the ocean/water or animals would be a bonus
- Any experience learning new languages is a bonus!
- Creating UI/UX mockups for our developers to work from (Adobe XD)
- Creating beautiful animations for our app (After Effects + Lottie)
- Creating logos and other design assets (Illustrator)
- Initially part-time freelance, with the potential to go full time next year
- Fully remote
- Paying market rates
- Working directly with our co-founders
- Working with a small and highly experienced team
- Flexible and open-minded culture, with optimistic and passionate young founders
Please include the word ‘castle’ in your application.
Please also answer the following question:
What’s your favorite element of design and why? UI? Animation? Illustration? Something else?