Illustrator / Designer / Animator
If you've got a great eye for design, the skills to back it up, and love to work with fun, creative folks (+their dogs), then you've found the right place. Sound good? Then read on, dear applicant. READ ON!
Animus Studios is looking for an illustrator/designer/motion designer to help us up our game. Someone who is a creator of things that make the whole world jealous and is ready to push work past good and into great.
Some days that means working on sleek, tightly-structured designs for tech, financial, and other corporate clients. Others, it means inventing interesting characters and vibrant, tactile worlds filled with abstract shapes and loose lines. Explainer vids, title sequences, event promos, logo opens, marketing, branding, social content... it all falls under what you’d be creating here.
While our ideal candidate is both a great designer and an experienced animator, the priority here is design. So if getting that composition juuuust right satisfies you to your very bones, but actually making it move ain’t really your bag, that’s okay… we’d still love to hear from you.
I suppose this is where we mention all that stuff about the ability to work well independently AND collaboratively, having exceptional communication and organization skills, etc. We hope that all goes without saying. Basically, just be a nice, neat, humble human, and talk to your coworkers on occasion.
- Collaborate on all of our animation projects from start to finish. - Ideation, LookDev, Storyboarding, Styleframes, Design, and assembling assets/scenes with animation in mind.
- Support video-based projects by helping to develop their visual identity, and by designing editor toolkits containing - Lower Thirds, Text Boards, Callouts, Transitions, Infographics, Icons, Logo Animations, etc.
- Act as a brand ambassador, helping to create designs for and ensure consistency of Animus’s marketing material across digital and print, including - web, pitch decks, *#$oCiaL~MeDi@*, presentations, swag, and more.
- You’re a virtuoso when it comes to Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or other digital illustration & design tools… conducting typography, color, shape, space, and texture into any artful arrangement you see fit.
- You have an eye-catching portfolio that shows real-world corporate/agency experience and an advanced attention to design principles, detail, and craft.
- You maintain an awareness of evolving design trends and showcase the ability to successfully adapt and expand art directions beyond that of your own personal style.
- You are well-versed in all aspects of design for motion; how to establish a visual narrative, to create an internal logic or “why” that motivates different decisions, and understand how a design's properties will relate to one another across time to tell a story and communicate effectively.
- Proficient in After Effects. From stacking effects for that perfect aesthetic, to laying buttery-smooth keyframes.
- Years of real-world experience in an agency setting or in-house with a creative team.
- You’re like, addicted to learning new tools, experimenting with new techniques, and keeping up with the ongoings of the industry.
THE RAINBOW SPRINKLES
- You’ve dabbled or are skilled in any of the following:
- C4D, cel/hand-drawn, web, interactive, vfx/compositing, Unity, Houdini.
Animus Studios is a video strategy and production company currently located in Riverside, RI. Our small, passionate team works with a range of mid- to large-sized businesses to develop their video strategy and produce videos. We’re looking for someone who shares our passion for this business, has fun making awesome animations, and truly cares about helping clients.
Here's a reel to give you an idea of what we've done... but we're excited to see what new directions we can take with you on our team!
We are seeking a full-time candidate and are offering salary and benefits, including healthcare and retirement. Salary range of $45,000 to $60,000. Qualified applicants please send cover letter, resume, relevant work examples, reel, and any additional information through the Indeed posting below.