UX/UI Designer (Web Development)
TrueLayer is looking for a UX/UI Designer to help us create best-in-class, immersive web experiences that inspire and educate customers on the power of the TrueLayer platform.
This is an opportunity to help shape our growing marketing function; we’re a collaborative team that is passionate about delivering world-class creative to engage TrueLayer’s audiences - we hope this excites you too. You’ll play a key role in evolving TrueLayer's online presence, working on everything digital from designing and building new landing pages to creating educational microsites.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we’re a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we’re just getting started.
As our UX/UI Designer, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers so that you can design experiences that engage users and support our business goals
- Research to develop your ideas and present new concepts to the team regularly
- Lead on all marketing-focused web creative from concept and design through to launch, working collaboratively with other teams and designers
- Conceptualise and craft beautiful, highly effective web pages and digital assets that work as brilliantly on mobile and tablet as they do on desktop
- Collaborate with our existing design team to maintain process, including keeping track of versions and building out that single source of truth
- Stay on top of web design best practice and be a constant source of inspiration by bringing new ideas and concepts to work
What we need from you:
- Experience working with design systems
- Skills in wire-framing and UI design
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, GitHub, and interest in new technology and processes
- Experience with user testing and using data to inform decisions
- Experiences mapping out user journeys and A/B testing
- An instinctive grasp for brand positioning and aesthetic and an online portfolio that demonstrates this
- A bias towards action and getting things done
- An obsession for details and pixel perfect design
Nice to haves:
- Experience with PHP
- Experience working with Hubspot
- Experience working at a B2B tech startup or high-growth company
- Interest in fintech
- An understanding of API technology
What you can expect from us:
As well as working alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people, you’ll also get:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- 🥗🍝Team lunches on Friday 🍕🍔
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ⌛
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👦
- An employer sponsored pension 👴🏾
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1⚕️
- Learning & development allowance 📚
- Annual retreat 🏖️
- Regular socials 💃🏽
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have a ping pong table 🏓)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note, we don't accept applications from recruitment agencies - thank you!