Senior UX Designer
User Experience (UX) Designers at Excella work with stakeholders, developers, and designers to understand the big problems and collaborate on effective solutions. Our UX Designers are engaged in every part of the UX process, including user research, information architecture, content strategy, interaction design, user interface design, and visual design. If you want be a part of a team determined to design effective solutions and improve the web, then we are looking for you.
We know there is no one-size-fits-all solution for UX/UI projects. Design generalists thrive at Excella, but there is plenty of exceptional opportunities for specialists, too. Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying user behaviors through contextual research, interviews, focus groups, and facilitation
- Collecting and analyzing large data sets for patterns
- Creating and executing usability tests
- Establishing the structure of a website or application by designing content layouts and navigation
- Designing user flows and human computer interactions
- Developing and iterating through low fidelity and high fidelity prototypes
- Designing and recommending visual styles and standards
- B.A. or B.S. (focus in Library Sciences, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related area of study is a plus)
- A design portfolio including case studies and samples of work
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, mockups, style guides, and specifications
- Determine use cases and user interaction to design solutions to support business objectives
- Carry wireframes to delivery of final high fidelity UI mockups
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Strong analytical aptitude, an ability to structure complex or undefined business problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Axure, Omnigraffle, and/or Sketch is preferred
- Experience using Agile methods to deliver software solutions is preferred
Nice to have:
- Experience creating and caring for usable content through content audits, reviews, and governance
- Experience creating micro-interactions and animations
Excella is a technology consulting firm serving commercial, non-profit, and federal clients in the Washington, DC area. Excella builds innovative custom software solutions with a strong focus on Agile engineering practices. We believe that great work leads to great things –- for our clients and our employees. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- We care about our employees. In fact, The Washington Post and The Washington Business Journal consistently rank us as a "Best Place to Work."
- You'll work with great people who love what they do: our team includes published authors, certified trainers, and internationally renowned speakers.
- We have a "bring your own device" workplace and will share the cost of a new computer of your choice -- Mac or PC. It's up to you.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences, in addition to tuition assistance for degrees and certifications.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 15 days of paid vacation, 6 federal holidays, and 4 floating holidays.
- You can bike, drive, or metro to work -- our commute reimbursement plan has you covered.
- We cater dinner bimonthly, and always have healthy snacks available!
- You'll have fun! We hold monthly social events all year long, including a summer weekend for you and your family.