Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space that fully embraces remote work. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and our annual retreats.
Here's a video from our last retreat that shows what it's like to work with Hubstaff. https://hubstaff.wistia.com/medias/9pyt01aemt
Hubstaff is a 100% distributed team that values:
- Hard work
- Data-driven decisions
- Having a great time
- Building exceptional products
We are looking for a talented, strategic web designer to join our marketing team full time to help conceptualize Hubstaff’s products and voice in an engaging, visual way. This position will report to our Marketing Director and work closely with other designers and front end engineers. You’ll be able to work 100% remotely. We are looking for someone that can grow with our team for years to come.
This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. Some of the benefits of working for us is our company-hosted annual retreat, and the freedom to work where you want (we ask this person to commit to a 3-hour work overlap within 8am-12pm EST M-F). You can also take time off when you need to, and enjoy great job security and a career path for years to come.
What you’ll work on
You will work with the product and marketing teams to redesign Hubstaff.com with existing brand and style guidelines in mind (and the freedom to evolve them). Our company has grown a great deal over the last few years and we’re ready to take our website to the next level to match that growth. We are looking for someone to strategize and create a visual look to show visitors we are the best solution for them. You’ll work with a copywriter, editor, developers, and other designers as we build a world class website.
SEO and Content are our proven traction channels at Hubstaff. We are continuously building out new pages, and we’ll need your help designing them so they are informative and engaging. You can expect a steady backlog of projects for you to pull from to keep us moving forward as our products continue to evolve and release new features.
- 5+ years of experience designing high-quality responsive web sites
- A portfolio of work showcasing websites you’ve worked on
- Ability to create strategic screenshots & small animations to help explain how features work
- Ability to work with pre-existing assets to match our brand as well as create new assets to build our brand and design library
- Expert in Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, and DSM
- Understanding of marketing principles, web standards/web browser capabilities and ability to create cross-browser and cross-platform compliant pages
- Must be self-driven and a team player with a positive attitude
- Good organization skills to manage multiple projects and competing timelines
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and time management skills
Bonus points (tell us about them!)
- Design experience in the saas industry
- Responsive email design experience
- Design strategy for CRO and AB/Split/Multi-Variant testing
- Illustration, iconography
- Experience with UX/UI design
- Familiar with WordPress, HTML, and CSS
Sound good? We think so! Apply and let us know how you'd be a good fit for the Hubstaff team. Who knows, you could be our next Hubstaff-ian! (Hubstaff-er? Hubstaff-ist? We’re working on that one.)
We look forward to hearing from you!