Come build the innovative technology and solutions that help transform the U.S. healthcare industry!
We are looking for a hands on design manager to join our UX team within our Clinicals division. Your job will be work closely with a multi-disciplinary R&D team to define, design and test mobile products and digital service features with the goal of improving the ability for physicians and their staff to do their jobs well. But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are a talented, innovative, curious, and strategic designer, motivated to make a difference in healthcare. You want to help us break through all the red tape and transform everyone’s experience with a visit to the doctor, a trip to the emergency room, or a lifetime with a chronic illness.
The Team: Join a tightly connect multi-country design team transforming complex medical tools into easy to use, exciting mobile applications.
- Build a deep understanding of healthcare workflows by planning and executing user, client, and domain research
- Rapidly create low-to high-fidelity prototypes to communicate concepts and ideas to users, product teams and engineering
- Draft UX workflows that can guide detailed Agile design and development
- Empower, energize and support teams to execute and drive meaningful results
- Lead a team of cross-discipline UX individuals through design practices and projects, while continuing to drive work through to execution
- Communicate and guide employees by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business or related disciplines
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Advanced understanding of UX ideation and design techniques
- A history of working on design ideas for fun
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role will be based in Pune, India. Our Global Headquarters is located in Watertown, MA, few miles from Boston. We have 2 other India locations, Bangalore and Chennai.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support and collaborative workspaces.
athenahealth partners with hospitals and ambulatory customers to drive clinical and financial results. We offer medical record, revenue cycle, patient engagement, care coordination, and population health services. We combine insights from our network of more than 160,000 providers and approximately 117 million patients with deep industry knowledge and perform administrative work at scale. For more information, please visit www.athenahealth.com