Marketing Associate / CEO Direct Report
Who we are
For the past 17 years, VSC has worked in the trenches with more than 375 startups across enterprise, consumer, SaaS, hardware, healthcare, AI, automation, venture capital, and every industry in between. Our work building category-defining brands through content and communications has contributed to over $48bn in value and exits (and earned us a handful of awards along the way).
Our Founder and CEO, Vijay Chattha, has pioneered an aggressive and creative approach to brand building as an investor and marketing partner. Equal parts artist and entrepreneur, when he’s not creating headlines for his clients, Chattha is rocking the mic as founder and frontman of the Punjabi funk hip-hop band BlackMahal.
Who you are
You are a Swiss Army Knife. You’re creative and analytical and can distill complex ideas into concise statements. You’re confident in your ability to create elegant visuals that communicate clearly. You stay organized in order to manage simultaneous timelines and meet deadlines. You are a quick learner, and when faced with a novel challenge, you develop the skills necessary to tackle it.
Specifically, we are looking for:
- Strong design sense and attention to detail
- Proficiency in visual design tools (i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- * Knowledge of video and/or animation software is a plus
- Basic HTML abilities
- Some level of understanding of current technologies and the startup landscape
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Creative problem-solving and ability to take action on creative feedback
- Proactive time + project management and organizational diligence
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
You will work directly with Vijay and be his primary support in all areas of marketing and client development, so if you’re looking to get your unofficial MBA in startup and tech storytelling, this is an excellent role for you. Ideally, you have 2-3 years of experience in an entrepreneurial environment where deadlines and time management are a must.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with content and business development teams on written + visual assets
- Provide creative feedback on internal and client assets
- Contribute new ideas on how to approach marketing for VSC and our clients
- Vet and onboard new clients
- Coordinate exploratory calls and meetings
- Conduct industry analyses and competitive research
- Tailor proposals + capabilities decks
- Participate in active discovery of new clients
- Formalize criteria for new client fit
- Familiarize yourself with VSC’s scope, experience, and unique style in order to communicate our value-add to new business leads
- Manage relationships with VSC’s network of creative vendors, agencies, freelancers, and consultants
- Evaluate partner fit for client needs, and facilitate introductions