Lead UX/UI Designer
Hi there 👋
I am Victor, CTO at EXP, and I am looking for a talented designer to join my team in Barcelona or Paris.
We are building an iOS app for a media platform that will be populated mainly with videos, podcast and text coming from experts on specific subjects.
One requirement is that you know how to use Figma and/or Sketch to design iOS app mockups & prototypes.
Knowledge for a changing world.
EXP is a new publishing mobile-first platform that addresses the world’s critical issues through expert knowledge. EXP is about powerful and stimulating stories in multiple and flexible format. In our era of complexity and disinformation, the public want sources that they can trust that explain the world and help them make informed decisions. The pressures of the attention economy demand that these sources are engaging, enlightening and entertaining.
We’re on a mission to provide a trusted vibrant library about the issues that are central to our present and our future. Our editorial policy is based on the conviction that if the general public has the opportunity to be in direct contact with passionate, knowledgeable and trusted experts, their understanding of the world will be more accurate and diverse, they will be better equipped to face key changes of our time. To that end, EXP is driven by its authors.
EXP authors are researchers, university professors, or trusted thought leaders. All of them are chosen as renowned experts in a field. Each EXP showcases a part of their personal and professional story, presenting highly topical knowledge on an issue that matters.
We’re on the hunt for exceptional talents to join us and build a platform to help people find fact-checked ideas, knowledge, and perspectives.
- We’re defined by our values. These translate in every aspect of the work we do at EXP:
- We’re bold, commited and reliable
- We’re transparent
- We believe in looking at issues from various angles and disciplines.
- We are fact and research based.
EXP is international and multicultural.
First and foremost, we’re all builders at EXP. In the product team we are designing, crafting, building tools and features to improve certified knowledge for the next generation of curious citizens.
We are building a mobile application as the core product, but we will also have a web interface, a website to be the front door for anyone wondering who we are, and a control center as a key tool for our production team.
- You own the color palette, grid, typography, layout, icon style, and visual and branding assets in the user interface.
- Your first steps in design world were with Photoshop, but now you can’t live without Sketch or Figma
- Motivated, driven, and works well independently and with a team
- A digital portfolio of work and personal projects, along with your resume, would be a plus
Who we are looking for
🎨A designer who can visually shape our platform and level it up
✨Someone creative at heart, not just someone crafting UIs in digital products
🌎Someone who is passionate about making a positive impact on our society
🧙♂️A craftswoman or craftman of delightful, yet user friendly, features and interactions
All in all, someone smart, cool, and with a brilliant artistic and analytical mind 😎
At EXP, we don’t care about diplomas. What we’re looking for is an absolute track-record of achievement, and enthusiasm about reshaping an industry that has forgotten for too long that knowledge is qualitative not quantitative.
For this specific position, you must also justify 3+ years experience in a similar role, preferably in a startup environment. Full professional proficiency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish and/or French is a plus.
What you’ll get
We put every effort in offering the EXP collaborators a stimulating and enjoyable work environment.
- A competitive salary
- Flat and open communication
- An attractive, socially responsible project
- Social activities
- Good work-life balance and more flexibility
- An awesome team and work environment
- Training and opportunities to advance
- Lots of other surprises 😉