Ecommerce Web/UX Designer (remote)
A few years ago we (Fuel Made) were just a small handful of people focused on building the very best ecommerce experiences on the web. Leading out with strong design is how we delighted our clients, and grew our agency. Our design-driven approach led to success, and opportunities we couldn’t have imagined.
Today we work with a range of projects from startups, to successful established brands. To remain competitive, they all need strong, clear, expert help with UX-driven ecommerce design. The opportunity to service these clients is challenging and exciting.
We are seeking an experienced web designer to join our team. In this position you will work with our team, and directly with our clients. You will be designing the solutions we build. This is a serious responsibility, and an exciting one. Watching your hard work come to life as it progresses through the project life cycle, and then watching our client's delight as it impacts their growth is rewarding. This is why we love ecommerce.
A quick summary of your responsibilities:
Once a client comes on board you will work with them on things like discovery, user flows and user experience, style direction, and of course the visual design. You'll then shepherd all that design work through the development process.
You’ll also be helping shape and evolve the Fuel Made brand. As we interact with clients, as we produce marketing material, as we present ourselves, you will help with that, ensure brand consistency and quality, and help us reach new heights.
Candidate must haves:
- 3+ years of web agency experience doing design and branding work in a team for clients.
- You must be a prolific designer. This is a fast-paced position that requires regular and consistent creative output.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, especially when presenting your design work and collaborating with the team.
- Comfort and experience with the technical aspects and constraints of working with the web. This includes an understanding of RWD, and how HTML and CSS work (you are not expected to build websites).
- Passion for all things web and design. You are abreast of industry best practices, tools and evolution.
- Passion for ecommerce. This is our world, being an expert in it must be interesting and exciting to you.
- Willingness to do things The Right Way (especially when it's hard)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to self-manage and prioritize tasks to ensure work is delivered on time.
- Easy and enjoyable to work with. (We are looking for humble, kind, hard workers.)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with ecommerce
- Branding experience
- Photography background
- Experience working remotely
Why you might like working for us:
- We choose our clients carefully.
- Freedom to care about your work (we’re focused on quality)
- Freedom to own projects from a design standpoint
- Freedom to focus and get really good at what you do (we’re focused 100% on ecommerce)
- We work reasonable hours (40 hour weeks).
- The care we have for our clients is rivaled only by the care we have for each other. We are a tight-knit, professional team who care a lot about doing world-class work together in a safe environment.
- Vacation: 7 paid holidays plus two weeks paid vacation, and we also take off the week between Christmas and New Years.
- Remote work: Western North America is your office.
- Health care.
- Yearly retreat: Each year we all gather as a team for a week somewhere fun to connect, learn, and have a lot of fun together.
- Tools: we’ll make sure you have whatever software and hardware you need to do your job.
Location: We are a fully remote company, but you must be in North America, and located in the Pacific or Mountain time zones, available to work regular work hours every day.