Senior Product Designer
Loftium is a Seattle-based, fast-growing start-up that delivers premium rental experiences at affordable rates, leveraging home-sharing to provide discounted rent to tenants. Loftium’s mission is to provide affordable, workforce housing in America’s least affordable cities.
We are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and are among the most recognized start-ups in the Pacific Northwest (read about us in Geekwire!). We’re a nimble, capable, driven, and diverse team that’s focused on learning, experimentation, and results. We believe that everyone should have access to a beautiful home, in a neighborhood they want and we’re on a mission to make that happen. Loftium is growing quickly - come join us!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to design and shape the experience of both our internal systems and external customer experience. You will be designing foundational elements of our product for our renters, landlords and guests. Your skills will help us deliver a delightful experience in service of our mission of creating a new category of affordable urban housing.
As Loftium’s first Product Designer, you’ll be doing it all, from working closely with our VP of Product Design to defining and shaping our broader product strategy; to delivering pixel perfect mocks to our engineering team and defining the renter, guest, and landlord experience. This role requires you to be a big picture thinker and also be able to deliver beautiful designs.
What we expect of you
- Portfolio with examples of both stunning UI and intuitive UX
- Solid understanding of design systems, layouts, heirarchy, etc.
- Excellent and persuasive communication that articulates your design decisions in a concise way
- Ability to bring novel ideas, concepts, and solutions to the table
- Bias for action and desire to make an impact with little supervision
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with a dedication to and deep understanding of the customer, and the business.
- Experience shipping product and working closely with engineers, PM’s and data scientists.