Sr. Visual Designer (Creative Lead)
Talentfoot is a boutique executive search firm at the center of digital talent nationwide. We are dedicated exclusively to recruiting for critical marketing, sales and IT positions that require digital expertise.
No one is as networked in this industry as we are: we know who the top and emerging players are on both sides of the table. Because we are immersed in digital searches, we know what skills are required of digital leaders today and what will be needed tomorrow. We know where the most exciting new opportunities lie.
In less than a decade, we’ve helped find elite talent for more than 1200 clients ranging from start-ups to Fortune 1000.
Client: Software Company
Title: Creative Lead (Sr. Visual Designer)
Location: San Jose, CA (On-site)
What’s an average day look like for the Creative Lead at our quickly growing software company that has disrupted the home delivery space? Well, we don't do average, so there won't be one. We are dynamic and rapidly growing, so no two days will be alike. If you thrive on variety and like a little spice in your life then, read on.
One day you will be guiding the marketing team on creative concept development, the next designing compelling visual reports and pitch presentations, and the next creating new pages for our website. In short, you’ll be working with unlimited opportunities to shape our brand and grow in areas that you never could have before.
The Creative Lead will be a critical hire on our marketing team, reporting directly to the COO and entrusted to build brand awareness through visual storytelling. This key hire will strategically enhance our brand's identity and create a narrative that propels our company to new heights as we grow.
A proven design skill set is essential for this creative leader who will drive concept development and design execution of integrated marketing campaigns across multiple media channels (print, digital, web, social video).
We are seeking an individual with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to make an impact, bringing a "roll up your sleeves" mentality to get the job done. This role is an opportunity to accelerate a profitable business forward by bringing the brand to life through visual storytelling.
To be considered, please bring the following...
- 5+ years of professional work experience in graphic design or art direction
- A creative portfolio that demonstrates visual storytelling across channels
- Proven track record of success working within a marketing department or for marketing clients as a visual designer or creative director required
- Experience marketing enterprise software is preferred
- Expert understanding of visual design principles, including layout, typography, illustration and color theory
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), PowerPoint
- Experience working across media channels digital, web, print and video producing visual brand assets
- Proven ability to design and deliver compelling pitch presentations, through visual storytelling
- Independent, flexible and able to work in fast-paced, nimble and collaborative environment
- Excellent project and time management skills, detail-oriented
- Expertise in print and digital creative production workflows and processes
- Ability to translate ideas and incorporate feedback from multiple sources
- Self-starter, high energy and independent work-style (can work without supervision)
- College degree is a must, and college degree in visual design is preferred.