McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is the oldest privately held national construction company in the country. We are a 100% employee-owned top 10 ENR company with the goal of being the best builder in America. We provide general contracting, construction management, design-build, and self-perform services nationwide. Based in St. Louis, the firm has full-service offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Diego, Newport Beach, San Francisco, San Jose and Sacramento and has built in nearly every state with projects ranging in size from $1 million to $1 billion.
The Graphic Designer Consultant supports multiple brands within McCarthy and concepts, designs and produces a wide range of communications materials such as brochures, ads, signage, direct marketing and other collateral. Also designs and produces web, e-marketing and multimedia projects. Position reports to the Marketing Manager.
**This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, temp-to-hire position with the possibility of becoming full-time**
- Consults with supervisor and/or client to determine objectives and create initial concepts
- Responsible for design, layout, and formatting of graphic materials, integrating typographic, photographic, illustrative, and other elements
- Collaborates with creative team to ensure messaging and graphic consistency
- Prepares illustrations or rough sketches of material
- Presents optional designs for selection and approval
- Creates finished layout and checks proofs
- Reviews quality of final product before release to client
- Maintains logos, art, and asset library
- Coordinates photography
- Video production
- Ensures all materials adhere to graphic standards
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- Minimum of 3-6 years of experience as either a designer or art director
- Excellent design skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe In-Design, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft Office products
- Experience in Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro preferred
- Knowledge in html preferred
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.