Director of Product Design
At Verishop, we're reimagining e-commerce to make online shopping the way it should be: curated, convenient and inspiring. In order to create a platform where brands can thrive and where consumers can shop and discover, we've assembled a highly skilled team with deep knowledge in online retail, e-commerce, online-user behavior and more. We're looking to add intrepid and talented individuals who are enthusiastic about having a role in building the creative strategy, team and culture from the ground up.
About this Role
We are looking for a passionate and creative Director of Product Design to join our Product Design team. Our ideal candidate has a good mix of experience with Interaction and Visual Design. Your work will have a lasting impact and shape how our vision comes to life as simple, intuitive and delightful experiences for our users.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers and other Product Designers to brainstorm, ideate and design engaging experiences on our web and native mobile platforms.
- Organize and lead regular user research sessions to gather insights to help fuel our iterative product development process.
- Produce sketches, wireframes, storyboards and interactive prototypes that capture the essence of our research data, design best practices and product vision.
- Organize and lead design review sessions with key stakeholders.
- Translate wireframes into high fidelity composites and specs for our engineering team, while following our brand and style guidelines.
- Collaboratively build, evolve and evangelize our design system.
- Collaborate with engineers as the product is being built to provide guidance on design vision and polish.
- Mentor and manage other product designers on principles of good design.
- Participate in hiring panels to hire new product designers to the team and onboard them.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience designing responsive web and/or native mobile experiences across different products and user demographics.
- A strong track record of building engaging visual experiences that are built through an iterative, data-driven and user-centric design process, demonstrated through a portfolio.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong experience in UX and UI design.
- Experience running qualitative user research and usability studies.
- Current knowledge of both UX best practices and dark patterns.
- Experience building accessible interfaces for all demographics.
- Deep knowledge of the unique traits, features and constraints on web and native mobile when designing experiences for them.
- Proficiency in the following design tools or equivalents: Sketch, InVision and Abstract.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey your approach and design thought process.
- Ability to give and receive positive and critical feedback, especially during our iterative product development process.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and self-managed environment, while proactively collaborating with the rest of the team.
- Experience designing experiences in the ecommerce domain is a big plus.
- Experience designing both web and native mobile experiences is a big plus.
- Experience with Motion Design is a big plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is a big plus.