Senior Web Designer
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry is a company with a healthy appreciation for design, art, and whimsical mischief. In a sea of rote calls-to-action and email-gated webinars, the Sentry Creative team strives to perfect the visual equivalent of puns and hit those Q4 KPIs and OKRs, to get those MQLs so they can’t tell us that FUN doesn’t sell.
Sentry is looking for a Senior Web Designer — a mythical designgineer — to join our small, scrappy, and salty team to design our marketing web content, build our Gatsby.js-based static sites, and contribute to our marketing design system. This is not a product designer position. This role reports to the Creative Director within the Creative team as part of Design.
In this role you will:
- Work with people across the organization as the primary designer of our marketing web pages, sites, and email templates.
- Create visually compelling designs that break out of ubiquitous marketing design patterns… and probably create impossible code challenges for the person who has to build them (that’s you too).
- Be a primary maintainer of our statically generated Gatsby and Jekyll websites.
- Help us migrate from Jekyll to Gatsby.
- Help us build a Shopify store, editorially unique blog posts (think New York Times interactive features), and generally try to do rad things wherever possible.
You'll love this job if:
- You enjoy designing AND writing sensible code.
- You enjoy the visual design opportunities of marketing, but the logical UX processes of product design.
- You can survive a fast-paced, ever changing array of projects.
- You enjoy working in the tech industry with other creatives that were strategically selected from outside of the tech industry.
- You prefer to work directly with content writers to ensure what you design looks great and reads well at all breakpoints.
You'll work on the team that has created:
- This self-aware marketing page.
- This very serious advertisement.
- This Lego Dumpster Fire company holiday gift.
- Experience with Gatsby, React, and Webpack strongly preferred.
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant work. Candidates without portfolios will not be considered.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.