Senior Product Designer
Our mission at Tandem is to help our clients solve business, customer, and social challenges through a co-creative process that results in meaningful improvements in the lives of users and the effectiveness of business. We're looking for an experienced UX and visual designer to join our team to help fulfill this mission.
The product designer role at Tandem is all about collaborating with clients to help them solve meaningful business challenges. While this does involve designing usable and effective interfaces, this is only part of the job. Our consultants participate in client meetings, discovery sessions, human centered design discussions, and help with user research and feasibility in service of building products that fit with a customer's business.
Our designers spend their days working directly with their clients in small teams of 3-6. They begin with research using human centered design methodologies, translating insights that a geared towards digital products, creating wireframes and design elements, and collaborating with developers. The environment and work is very team-oriented, highly visible, and focused on business value. And like all team members, the design consultant will exemplify Tandem’s values in the execution of this work.
In this role you will...
- Lead design efforts on projects through:
- Planning and deliver user research through interviews, focus groups, and brainstorming
- Establishing site/application architecture
- Creating wireframes, user journeys, and prototypes
- Establishing style guides, design systems, and interaction patterns
- Managing the workload and work assignments of other team members to ensure project delivery and team success
- Collaborating with development and/or product and engagement leads
- Learn and teach new design tools and techniques as the industry and customer needs evolve
- Successfully plan and deliver design for complex, long-term projects, including ones with external dependencies
- Proactively provide feedback to Tandem’s leadership team on processes (hiring, feedback, delivery, sales, etc) to contribute to continuous improvement of the organization as a whole
- Work closely with your teammates and customers (during and after the sales process) to discover and define the best possible product to solve customer needs