Senior Product Designer
You enjoy telling stories, communicating solutions and wowing people with excellent experiences using design. You are able to adapt and to work quickly and effectively to meet the needs of the team. You enjoy being on the frontline of the future and have an interest in serving churches and ministries, nonprofits and schools, and campaigns. We believe that happy people produce better results for themselves and the collective team. We believe and value empowering people to work on something they enjoy — thus applicants likely would want to have an interest in serving our specific customer base outlined above rather than the world generally.
We pay well and expect each member to pull her/his own weight. We work long hours, but we believe in ample rest and recovery. We value creating a lasting impact rather than short-sighted gains. We value fit over technical knowledge, loyalty over experience, and results over talk. All positions are remote. Each position requires someone who is adaptable, flexible, and coachable. If you believe you would be a great addition to our team and want to join a team with whom you can learn, have fun, and grow, please keep reading.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Product Designer to help us design and build new features that support our customers' fundraising goals and meet company objectives.
We're looking for someone who can passionately collaborate across teams to help us execute across multiple initiatives.
Who you'll be working with:
- Paul Dietzel — Our CEO and leader
- David Silva — Director of Design
- Jeff Batterton — Product Designer
- Adam Grason — Communications Designer
5 Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with Design Director to research and create great user experiences.
- Synthesize product requirements into usable and delightful design solutions.
- Collaborate closely with engineering to ensure that solutions are implemented and contributes to company objectives.
- Build prototypes and assist in user research.
- Regularly participate in QA testing of multiple product environments.
8 Skills and Experience a Senior Product Designer must have
- A proven track record of shipping work into production.
- Extensive portfolio or case studies to demonstrate past work.
- Contribute to a collaborative design process by seeking feedback, encouraging the sharing of ideas, and learning through iteration.
- Ability to own the end-to-end design process and champion initiatives across the company.
- Able to articulate solutions and design approach as well as the high-level goals of a project.
- Act as the advocate for end-users and foster design thinking.
- Have a growth mindset and use testing and data to inform design decisions.
- Has an appreciation and basic knowledge of the entire product development process, from ideation through deployment.
3 Ways the candidate will be evaluated
- Problem solving, effectiveness and innovation
- Net Productivity (does the candidate add work for other people, excluding initial coaching or on-going learnings from others; ie. it is cool to ask for help and to learn but when you ask someone else the same thing over and over again we might start wondering why that hasn’t become “learned”)
- Communication, teamwork, documentation, and completeness of work; aka "responsible and cool to work with" (peer review)
- Competitive Full-time Salary
- PTO Minimum 18-days per year
- Remote work from CA, FL, LA, MD, OH, TX, or WA
- Fitness Allowance, Wellness Allowance, Home-office Allowance, and CSA Allowance
- 401k plan available
Senior Product Designer will work on our Design team.
- Operations (Accounts, Finance, Service)
- Product (Design, DevOps, Engineering )
- Growth (Marketing, Outreach, Success)
We're rooted in Southern Louisiana but operate as a remote-first company that supports our team living in Texas, California, Washington, Ohio, Maryland, and Florida. We've got an old fashioned commitment to honor and excellence in what we do, and our customer-first hospitality is described as welcoming, courteous, helpful, respectful, and kind. We're the type of people whom you count on to do what is right and have your back.
Timeline for Hiring this Position
This position will begin in April 2020.