Don’t just dream about What’s Next – build it!
Nexient specializes in bringing a “Product Mindset” to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use.
And as America’s leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, we’re building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more – but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. We’re recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World’s Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times.
Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Come build with us!
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Design end to end user experiences through brainstorming, use cases, personas, wireframe mock-ups and interactions flows.
· Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps and low-fidelity prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like.
· Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
· Prepare and present solutions to internal teams and key stakeholders
· Contribute and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
· Create usability testing plan and carryout testing to improve design and drive consensus within the team.
· This role works in partnership with strategy, creative and technology associates and the client to understand business objectives, user goals, customer targets and translates that into a user experience strategy and framework.
· This role reports to the Director, User Experience.
· Experience in UX and/or user interface design
· Demonstrate skills creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and other UX deliverables.
· Experience with design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and prototyping tools (InVision, Axure, etc.).
· Produce clear, user-centric design across mobile, desktop, web and hardware endpoints.
· Contribute to all aspects of design including requirement defining, user research, workflow diagraming, detailed design, development of use cases and scenarios, and engineering support.
· Partner closely with developers, QA and product managers to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics.
· Carry out design thinking and sketching activities.
· Experience with Agile and/or Scrum development methods a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
Company sponsored health, dental, vision insurance and flexible spending account (FSA) for employees and their families including domestic partners
Paid Vacation Time and company holidays
Lunch & Learn
Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers
World class training and career mentorship