Senior Product Designer (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer (m/f/d) with a passion for creating products that people love to use. We believe that the key to generating growth is designing great experiences that retain and engage users. We are looking for an experienced digital designer to drive our user experience vision in our cross-disciplinary product team.
As our Senior Product Designer you will:
- Be the advocate of our users, because you understand that everything begins and ends with them.
- Own and drive the design process in a cross-functional and agile team.
- Have an impact on the value proposition of our product to attract and retain partners and users, focusing on our core metrics.
- Balance user and business needs when developing new product features.
- Have a hypothesis & data-driven approach to designing.
- Create user research plans to validate your hypotheses about concepts or the product as a whole.
- Coach fellow designers on user experience best practices.
- Communicate the value of design and the creative process across the company.
- Collaborate with product owners to create and maintain product roadmaps.
- Create prototypes of varying fidelity to test your concepts.
- Analyze insights to improve your designs and to share with the design team, and the rest of the company.
- Curate and improve the cross-platform design system to maintain consistency and efficiency.
What you bring to the table:
- Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design Engineering, User Interface Design, or related fields.
- 5-8 years of experience designing digital UX and 3-5 years leading projects.
- Excellent command of business English. German is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and an urge to change the status quo.
It would be great if you additionally:
- Have experience driving digital product development and are able to combine designer's intuition with hypothesis-driven decision making.
- Have experience leading complex projects involving ambiguity, various disciplines, and multiple stakeholders.
- Are an articulate and influential storyteller able to effectively communicate about design to different audiences.
- Have experience leading user research to inform product development, marketing and company strategy.
- Have solid skills in generating and showcasing design concepts that go beyond the obvious. High-fidelity prototyping and coding skills are a plus.
- Have experience coaching junior designers.
- Have experience bringing design into agile/SCRUM teams.
- Contribute to the maturity of the team with your excellent technical understanding, and use of emerging design methods and tools.
- Are passionate about bringing innovation to life that affects millions on a daily basis, and would love to join us in tackling this opportunity.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to make an impact on an untapped market and contribute to the development of a truly innovative product and company.
- Entrepreneurial experience in a young, fast-moving startup located in the heart of trendy Berlin-Friedrichshain.
- A welcoming work culture that nourishes personal growth as the base for company growth.
- A team of people who start doing things, fail and learn fast in order to keep moving instead of waiting and drafting the perfect solutions.
- A top calibre diverse international team.
- Competitive compensation package.
Will you fit our culture?
At Mimi, we pride ourselves in the amazing team we have built. A team that amplifies connections; both within our team, and for our users. A team with a strong and diverse culture, loving and respecting towards everyone’s individual strengths but also their imperfections. We are solving a real problem through strong emergent leadership and ownership; proactively seeking out challenges, tackling them boldly and inspiring everyone involved.
We are committed to creating a culture which nourishes personal growth as a basis for company growth. We are a learning organization; we love to work with people who take initiative and are not afraid to try, fail and try again. In doing so we create a learning environment. We don’t wait to get to the perfect solution but ask for feedback early.
Mimi Hearing Technologies GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
This can be your workplace
Our vision is to be the standard for personalized audio by 2022, in a world where hearing loss is no barrier to sound enjoyment. We are developing a data-driven audio experience which tests your ears, protects them, and adjusts sound to match your unique hearing ability. Giving you the crisp, clear sound which you deserve.
The Mimi team is a diverse group of innovators with expertise in audio engineering, product development, business design, and communication. The origins of our team are deeply rooted in psychoacoustics. Our Hearing Test is the most accurate hearing test app in the App Store!
Joining Mimi means you‘ll help shape innovative products in an emerging market. We are a growing team of 60 learners, with regular team breakfasts, team building exercises, and our annual summer trip.