Senior Product Designer
As a Senior Product Designer at Mode, you will own projects from inception past launch to iteration and contribute a unique perspective that directly shapes the product and company. Mode values design as an integral part of product vision: we believe in building a team of designers who complement each other, have the desire to deeply understand the people we design for, and the expertise to execute on that understanding.
What you'll do
- Own and define problem statements—collaborate across a small product team to drive solutions from discovery to launch
- Deeply understand the motivations and workflows of data scientists through user research and conversations
- Tell stories through wireframes and sketches of how people will interact with our products and features
- Help us form high level strategy as well as dive into the micro-interactions
- Contribute to Mode's design system and improve and evolve our visual design language
- Provide mentorship and collaborate with other designers to improve their work and elevate the design organization
What we look for
- You're excited about the prospect of working with other designers, sharing feedback and mentoring each other
- You’re a steward for design excellence with a high level of craft in both visual and interaction design
- Experience using data to understand the impact of your design decisions
- A creative problem solver who can iterate at multiple levels of fidelity and is proficient in design tools such as Sketch, InVision, and Abstract
- You're self-directed and know when to embrace ambiguity – you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help.
- Experience running qualitative user research and usability studies
- Alignment with Mode Values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth — Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
- Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.